Before you say "Why doesn't the DROID..."

Reaction score
Check the Market. 90%+ of the complaints I've seen online are solvable by a quick trip to the Market and even many solved by free apps. I've found that the easiest way to search for an app is on Androlib.com and then use the barcode scanner to hit the 2D code to download it from the Market. I don't know how many threads on here have someone complain "My BB/iPhone/Voyager/other smartphone here/ can do (fill in blank with preferred function) and the Droid doesn't have this functionality". Aside from the World Phone issue and other hardware based shortcomings, or some things like Yahoo mail that is purposely blocked by Yahoo so they make money, I can almost guarantee that an app in the market DOES what the function is they want.

So, for newcomers, Go to Androlib.com and search by app name (because I've found that a lot of the apps that people ask about already exist on the Market) or search by the function you want.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree, many people question, well why doesn't it just do this normally. It's open source, and almost 100% customizable. While some of the grips are warranted, others are just plan crazy. I mean really, why can't my droid go transformers and turn into a car. WHAT THE HECK!?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I mean really, why can't my droid go transformers and turn into a car. WHAT THE HECK!?
user error..........

menu key/options/filter transform mode/select car