"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" for ANDROID

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The problem is that Apple has an AWESOME interface. I personally like the Apple interface... I however, do not like that you have to use Itunes for EVERYTHING. Nor do I like that the store is not an "open" market like Android.

Awesome interface? The biggest problem with iOS's interface is it's an absolute case of form over function. It's easy to use simply because of how limited it is. So what if my UI runs at 60fps, if I can't lay things out the way I want them; it's of limited use. It's sort of a pain to scroll through 10 pages of apps to find the one you want, it's the biggest flaw I can find in my iPod Touch 4G.

As for Android's market being open, well, i'm starting to think that perhaps it SHOULD be controlled just a little bit. I am so sick of seeing crap like those perverted sex apps in the games section of the market; not to mention the "games" that are direct rip offs of Java games from dumbphones. At least with Apple's app store, you know that the app has undergone at least some level of testing to make it to the public. And you don't really have to worry about what you are downloading.

b_salgado

Reaction score
You do realize that you can make folders with your IOS device, don't you? I like the simplicity of the IOS.....but I would still rather have the Android OS for its custom options. I used an Iphone for a week before I purchased my Droid. I liked the phone. Its features were pretty easy to navigate. But the service was terrible. In the end, I got a Droid and I won't be going to Iphone even if it comes to VZW. Face it, Iphone cracked this can open......Android is doing an outstanding job of running them down.....they're just not there YET. Give them a little while......they are still in infancy.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why is it that everything ANDROID does have to imitate APPLE?
First of all, not everything Android does. In any case, why would be a surprise that a popular product is copied anyway?

android users bash iPhone and swear by android just as much (honestly i think more) than iPhone users bash android and swear by iOS.
Every camp has fanboys. That doesn't mean that all users on one side or another are fanboys though. Some of us are just using what suits our needs best.

What does surprise me is when people say that android is already on the same level/league as apple, when it clearly is not.
Depends on who you ask and where their priorities lie. If you're looking for the iOS experience from Android then Android may fall short. For me, that's not a priority. Android does what I need. YMMV.

Last edited:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone else noticed all the apple trolls round here latley?

Just wondering!!

Sent from my Droid

They're getting scared. Jobs must have told them to attack the enemy!!!

Yes that must be what happened at the weekly cult meeting...
emrolleyes1.gif

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why is it that everything ANDROID does have to imitate APPLE?
First of all, not everything Android does. In any case, why would be a surprise that a popular product is copied anyway?

Yeah I agree, I don't think people should be surprised that android tries to emulate what apple does because apple is the one to beat. What does surprise me is when people say that android is already on the same level/league as apple, when it clearly is not.

android is friggin amazin'...ios it is not.