images pixelated when pressed

Kwyjibo

Reaction score
anyone notice that when you press and hold on an image, the image becomes pixelated?

Guyute

Reaction score
Nope never, you know you don't have to press hard, in fact just a light touch works fine. Perhaps that's your issue.

OP
K

Kwyjibo

Reaction score
image pixelation also occurs when you just scroll up and down a website. scroll slowly and see if you see a difference

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
This is just a theory but it might be turning the image into a lower res when scrolling to prevent lag. I believe it takes up more CPU to scroll through a high res image than a low res one.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Ummm, do you mean pictures you have on the phone that you have taken or moved to the phone? Or are you talking about some other type of pictures?

If you mean pictures you have taken in the gallery, are you by any chance tapping the pictures and making them zoom in? This is very easy to do on my Droid X...the wife even did it earlier with just a light tap.

OP
K

Kwyjibo

Reaction score
no, the issue is not related to pics taken by the phone.
I'm talking about any image (even text) on any website when using the browser.
when you press anywhere on the screen, images will appear slightly pixelated. even when you scroll, you will see pixelation

OP
K

Kwyjibo

Reaction score
a basic test.
use your browser and go to google.com
then press and hold your finger on your screen for 1 sec. and look at the "google" image above the search box. do you see pixelation?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yes, think it is just as person said before has something to do with make scrolling smoother.