Viewing Google Images?

Mule65

Reaction score
On my old LG Ally stock Android browser, you could press on an image from a Google Images search and it would load the image to full screen. Then you could side swipe next and previous images similar to looking at gallery photos. My X browser doesn't do this. No open image. No pinch zoom. Nada. This was a cool feature. Is there a setting or something? Does Droid1 do this? TIA.

OP
Mule65

Mule65

Reaction score
Thanks for checking. Maybe it's a Gallery thing.

dyno213

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I noticed this earlier today.

andyandy6464

Reaction score
Solution?

Hey Guys,

I just figured it out. If you long press the photo you want to look at, you get an option dialog. From there you will see several options, one of those options being "view image". Press it, and voila.

While this isn't the most elegant of solutions, it does indeed work. You will need to resize the picture to get a better view, depending on the images original dimensions.

DRMMR02

Reaction score
I'm having this same problem. I tried what andyandy suggested with Dolphin Browser and all that it's doing is viewing the thumbnail and not actually loading the full size image.

chites

Reaction score
When I long press and select view image it renders a smaller lower resolution photo. Not the original that I want to view. There has to be a way to view the images like all other android phones...

g.ifonlyyouknew

Reaction score
Yeah, stupid thing that the Android dev team didn't add. Simple fix though, on the bottom of your google image search hit "desktop version" to see google images in the same format as your Desktop browser.

firemanchev

Reaction score
ANy luck Anyone?

ANyone find a fix yet? I liked how my Droid would let you open one and then drag to the next. The desktop view wont do that.

timepilot84

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. The workaround that I found was to go to the bottom of the page and switch from Mobile to Classic view. This will give you the regular desktop interface for the image search you just did. The Classic view works the way you'd expect.