Im on .886(rooted when I first got the phone) I want to get to .902 root to try ICS

Sgtblack

Reaction score
I have looked around and I cant seem to find how to do it =/ can anyone help?

useltonm

Reaction score
Do a search for pathsaver. It will take you back to stock ota path. Then you can root again and update to 902. If you lose root after update to 902 there is a one click method to reroot. If you aren't able to find this info through search, post again and I'll find links for you. (Easier to do from a computer).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

useltonm

Reaction score
Actually I think .886 is on the ota path.(Sorry, long day. Brain is mush) Have you uninstalled bloatware?

OP
S

Sgtblack

Reaction score
Yes, I'm running Liberty 1.0, bloat free I have never received any OTA notification. There is a root method for .902?

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
I kinda have a similar question, I am running some old version of the theory rom( never had any problems, never bothered upgrading) but like this guy never updated. What exactly do I have to do to go from this rom too .902 and an ICS rom?

edwards2243

Reaction score
I kinda have a similar question, I am running some old version of the theory rom( never had any problems, never bothered upgrading) but like this guy never updated. What exactly do I have to do to go from this rom too .902 and an ICS rom?

Get the 902 fastboot file and flash it. Then root with the motofail.exe file, push the safestrap apk or bootstrap apk to your phone and boom...you're ready to go.

OP
S

Sgtblack

Reaction score
Thanks on .902. I had not kept up with the rooting community as well as I did back with my OG droid, thanks for the help!