Revert to .886 and root...

jssmith76

Reaction score
Morning all,

After being one of the sorry suckers that updated to the .894 update, I was finally able to find the way back to the light side of the force and was able to revert back to .886. the process I found is here: [GUIDE] How To Receive OTAs Again If You Are On A Leak ***Proven Working Method*** - xda-developers. I was able to follow this process pretty concisely, but when I got to the area of having to perform the "Boot Mod Commands" and entered in the line of (adb shell su -c "dd if=/tmp/boot.886 of=/block/boot", my phone came up with the Superuser prompt, which I allowed, but in the command prompt, it timed out and didn't transfer any info to the phone.

So, I decided to go back to the beginning of the root process, and start over. this was a useless feet, because now when I even attempt to start the root process, the comment prompt says "device not found". Now, rooting my phone isn't all that important to me. But, maybe I would like. I'm just rying to stay as close to stock as I possibly can.

the area that is getting to me is this: I was able to successfully revert my phone back to .886 from .894. However, whenever I attempt to update the phone from .886 to .893 through recovery using the update893.zip file, it always aborts the install. The phone comes up with the following error:

assert failed:apply_patch_check("MTD:boot:8388608:a3d
c7f949d7fffbd64c8ea1ad19dc9d6430deb12:8388608:066c0cd6
e529a79b1f30f36c1b28d694a95078a2")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

So, I must have screwed something up somewhere, because according to posts from different people, this has successfully worked for them. What I want to do is update to .893, and then eventually .901 or .902. Root really isn't that big of a concern to me. Can someone out there, point me in the way of my error (besides stating the fact that I updated to .894) and show me how I can get up to at least .901?

Thanks,
Josh

OP
jssmith76

jssmith76

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Still this routine fix my phone so I can install 893, so I can root the phone, or does this routine do all that for me? If it does just fix the phone so I can update it, what exactly do it do? Just curious about the stuff.

Thanks,
Josh

This post is BIONIC!

OP
jssmith76

jssmith76

Reaction score
I'm downloading the first file right now for .902. Do I need to also download the file for root? Do I need to run one of the files prior to running the second file, or could I just run the 902 file and ignore root? Sorry for the NUB questions.

Thanks,
Josh

OP
jssmith76

jssmith76

Reaction score
Ok, I downloaded the 902 file, downloaded RSDLite, installed RSDLite and opened it, but the file for 902 that i downloaded isn't a recognized file extension for RSDLite. Now what do I do?

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
So you have the 902 fxz unzipped and the 5.5.902 unzipped also (the one that preserves you internal sdcard card) ? <---place this xml in the 902 fxz folder and run it with rsd lite. You install moto drivers also?

OP
jssmith76

jssmith76

Reaction score
Yes, drivers installed, files unzipped, 902 file moved into FXZ folder. In RSD, I see both files in the directory, however, I don't see anything about my phone in RSD, shouldn't I see my phone in there?