I'm having an issue with the Internet browser...

hoax

Reaction score
I post a lot on another forum. Every time I view a post and then hit back to return to the main page, the browser displays an old cached version of the forum from the first time I viewed the page this morning. So every single time I return to the main page I have to refresh the page.

Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I post a lot on another forum. Every time I view a post and then hit back to return to the main page, the browser displays an old cached version of the forum from the first time I viewed the page this morning. So every single time I return to the main page I have to refresh the page.

Does it do this even after you've cleared the cache?

OP
H

hoax

Reaction score

After clearing the cache the same problem occurs but with a newer refresh of the forum. Every time I click back I get the same cached copy of the page. Even when after I refresh, as soon as I click a link then hit back, the same cached copy displays.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

After clearing the cache the same problem occurs but with a newer refresh of the forum. Every time I click back I get the same cached copy of the page. Even when after I refresh, as soon as I click a link then hit back, the same cached copy displays.

There has to be something in your settings in your browser that is causing this. Mine doesn't do that, it comes up with the last page I was at unless I shut it off. I haven't seen anybody else with an X complaining about this.

Take a good look at your settings. Something is probably checked causing that page to keep popping up. If worst comes to worst, reset the browser to original settings.

OP
H

hoax

Reaction score
Well, I dunno. Just restored the browser to default and it's still doing it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I dunno. Just restored the browser to default and it's still doing it.

OK…then switch browsers. Try using the Dolphin HD browser from the Market. I think it's a pretty good browser, it has tabbed browsing. See how that works for you.