Im done! I hate the 2.1 update on the eris! Moving to Moto Droid

OP
M

michael123

Reaction score
Those of you who are switching to the Moto Droid from the Eris, is Verizon doing even swaps for you or are you just shelling out your own cash to make the switch?

i filed an insurance claim with asurion, my phone was damaged so i decided to just file for a new eris, well for some reason they didnt have my phone in stock (backorder), they offered me the droid or remain on backoder, can you say lucky? lol well paid 50 bones and now i have a new droid..dancedroidi love it. 3 days with it and i have yet to encounter a problem that my 2.1 eris had.

im a happy camper :icon_ banana:

and ps im now rooted on ultimate droid (flawless)

Last edited:

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow if that was a guarantee, I'd call asurion right now on my wife's Eris.. LOL

mrnachocheese

Reaction score
My wifes eris hasn't had any problems since 2.1. Any problems she had with the phone was because of 1.5. Now she absolutely loves her phone.

OP
M

michael123

Reaction score
Wow if that was a guarantee, I'd call asurion right now on my wife's Eris.. LOL

you can try it, and if they go through all the way with the claim and go to the payment page then they have it available (dont process if you dont want it), if they stop midway during the claim they will put you on hold and look for a comparable model then you will get the droid.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Those of you who are switching to the Moto Droid from the Eris, is Verizon doing even swaps for you or are you just shelling out your own cash to make the switch?

i filed an insurance claim with asurion, my phone was damaged so i decided to just file for a new eris, well for some reason they didnt have my phone in stock (backorder), they offered me the droid or remain on backoder, can you say lucky? lol well paid 50 bones and now i have a new droid..dancedroidi love it. 3 days with it and i have yet to encounter a problem that my 2.1 eris had.

Going from an Eris to a Droid, what is your experience with the overall bulk and size of the Droid? I didn't like the feel and bulkiness of it in the store.

OP
M

michael123

Reaction score

Going from an Eris to a Droid, what is your experience with the overall bulk and size of the Droid? I didn't like the feel and bulkiness of it in the store.

i do miss having a small phone, but the droid has a huge front screen, it is bulky but makes it up with the looks of it. i dont like the physical keyboard but hey its there and to me it looks like a sturdy, well made device.

also the droid doesnt have a send or end button, now that sucks. i had GDE on my previous phone so i just customized the soft buttons with one being the call and the other the browser. i wonder how i can post a pic of my desktop on here?

Last edited:

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

i do miss having a small phone, but the droid has a huge front screen, it is bulky but makes it up with the looks of it. i dont like the physical keyboard but hey its there and to me it looks like a sturdy, well made device.

also the droid doesnt have a send or end button, now that sucks. i had GDE on my previous phone so i just customized the soft buttons with one being the call and the other the browser. i wonder how i can post a pic of my desktop on here?

Sweet. I wish I could reassign my soft-keys without having to root.

ameliapaige1

Reaction score
2.1 pos

mine turned into a gitchy, sluggish P.O.S. too. its too bad, really. I loved this phone... now I just want to smash it.. It kinda took on a mind of its own after 2.1... now the phone decides what its gonna do, not me.. pisses me off...

My thoughts exactly, I loved-loved-loved my Eris before the 'upgrade' now I just want to hurl it into a wall and smash it to pieces.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
mine turned into a gitchy, sluggish P.O.S. too. its too bad, really. I loved this phone... now I just want to smash it.. It kinda took on a mind of its own after 2.1... now the phone decides what its gonna do, not me.. pisses me off...

My thoughts exactly, I loved-loved-loved my Eris before the 'upgrade' now I just want to hurl it into a wall and smash it to pieces.

Do a factory reset. If that doesn't work then try the wall thing. :)

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly even if you don't want to load a rom, I just rooted, installed the rooted version of the official 2.1, installed LauncherPro, and removed a few useless apps and the thing runs smooth as a babys bunz