Trade Droid for Eris?

xfeathersx

Reaction score
I have the eris, and live in the country not once has a signal dropped, im very happy with my eris, someone posted earlier its a personal interest. Everything in life has pro's and con's, we (people) adapt. lol...

lowtech

Reaction score
I have the eris, and live in the country not once has a signal dropped, im very happy with my eris, someone posted earlier its a personal interest. Everything in life has pro's and con's, we (people) adapt. lol...

Isn't it great how many choices we have - and more coming all the time! I know I'll never find the "Perfect" phone... (or anything else)... but I love trying! :) Really, something for (almost) everyone!!

higabyte

Reaction score
I'm torn between the droid and eris. I have the eris at the moment, but part of me wants to try out the droid. however, after reading this thread, i might just stick with the eris, especially if the updates are coming sooner than later as far as the os and gps go.

The battery as already said, is probably my biggest complaint overall with the phone. I use my phone like crazy and I've gotten to where I have a charger in my house, my office, my truck and will carry one with me if im not gonna be in the office or truck cause it goes dead that fast.

I do have a specific question for you noles if you dont mind. You stated you get a 22% company discount. I'm curious as to which company you are with. I'm in the Marine Corps and am only getting 15% lol.

This thread was super informative, thanks all!

xliderider

Reaction score
I have a Droid and my wife has an Eris. The Eris has lousy battery life compared to the Droid, it drops so much, even when in Standby. I've also noticed the Eris has a lower signal (dBm) than the Droid when they are side by side. Even the Wifi reception is weaker on the Eris.

My wife loves her Eris despite the battery performance though. ;)