Solved iheartradio timing out every 5 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimpyPilot

Reaction score
So I like to listen to a certain 3-hour talk radio program and lately the iheartradio app has been timing out every 5 minutes.

When I was running ATK I had set it up to ignore iheartradio and had no problem, now I have removed ATK and JuiceDefender to give FroYo control over battery life and memory management, and now iheartradio goes dormant every 5 minutes - kind of a drag to have to keep going in and restarting it.

Is there a way to setup ForYo's manager to ignore iheartradio and just leave it running?

Reaction score
dont know how to help you there i feel iheart sux.

try tunein radio its new and AWESOME!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Are you using a task killer by chance and have iheartradio on the autokill list...

OP
G

GimpyPilot

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, I am DL'ing TuneIn for a trial right now, see if it works better.

Still open to any possible fixes for iheartradio as well - got used to it on my BB Storm.

OP
G

GimpyPilot

Reaction score
Are you using a task killer by chance and have iheartradio on the autokill list...
I removed ATK and JuiceDefender, using no 3rd party task killer/battery management apps - when I did use ATK I had iheartradio on ignore and it never timed out - this is a new issues since I removed ATK and JuiceDefender as part of a battery life experiment.

What I want to know is how to ensure it is on the ignore list for FroYo's built-in battery/memory manager so that it does not go dormant every 5 minutes if the display is off.

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I removed ATK and JuiceDefender, using no 3rd party task killer/battery management apps - when I did use ATK I had iheartradio on ignore and it never timed out - this is a new issues since I removed ATK and JuiceDefender as part of a battery life experiment.

What I want to know is how to ensure it is on the ignore list for FroYo's built-in battery/memory manager so that it does not go dormat every 5 minutes if the display is off.

Are you by chance streaming over WiFi or 3G...there is a setting in the Wireless & Network Settings - Wifi settings - hard menu key - advanced - wifi sleep policy...if the screen times out in 5 minutes then the wifi would shut off as well...maybe that will help ya if ya are using wifi...

OP
G

GimpyPilot

Reaction score

What I want to know is how to ensure it is on the ignore list for FroYo's built-in battery/memory manager so that it does not go dormat every 5 minutes if the display is off.

Are you by chance streaming over WiFi or 3G...there is a setting in the Wireless & Network Settings - Wifi settings - hard menu key - advanced - wifi sleep policy...if the screen times out in 5 minutes then the wifi would shut off as well...maybe that will help ya if ya are using wifi...
Another good suggestion, but I only use 3G - I did try a setting under Mobile Networks - trying always-on mobile data but I suspect this will impact my battery life which until today has been attrocious - will see if this fixes it though.

Thanks

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Good luck...keep us posted tho..

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Enabling Always On Mobile Data under Mobile Networks was the ticket - no more drop outs - now to see what the impact is for battery life.

beat me to it. I was having the same issue with Pandora and Sirius. Kept shutting off after a few minutes. turning on the mobile data fixed it

Chris

Reaction score
dont know about battey life mine SUX since 2.2 but tunein RULES

iheartwho?

tunein is STABLE and LOEVLY!

House

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC A9
I've had this problem for a while now happens with Pandora as well but I left that app. IHeartRadio on my HTC A9 cuts out every too often unless my phone is plugged in or connected to cell network but that eats up my data package so when not near an outlet or its just inconvient I set my phone sleep mode to never and works fine but battery life is spent sooner than usual later.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I've had this problem for a while now happens with Pandora as well but I left that app. IHeartRadio on my HTC A9 cuts out every too often unless my phone is plugged in or connected to cell network but that eats up my data package so when not near an outlet or its just inconvient I set my phone sleep mode to never and works fine but battery life is spent sooner than usual later.
Do you have an HTC Droid Incredible? Or one of the newer HTC phones? You might get better support by not responding to a 6 year old post.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

House

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC A9
Do you have an HTC Droid Incredible? Or one of the newer HTC phones? You might get better support by not responding to a 6 year old post.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Flagged you as a troll. Trying to help with proven results.

Status
Not open for further replies.