Radio App that does not buffer all the time

JimDog

Reaction score
This question is sort of off topic but can anyone who has the paid version of droidlive chime in here. On the paid version, after increasing buffer size do you see a noticeable difference in the amount of audio drop outs or is it about the same? Thanks

I upper mine from 3,000ms to 10,000ms very recently. I haven't had much time to test to see if there is a difference yet. I will try and let you know.

On my commute to work I have a few dead zones. I'm hoping to find a player that will let me crank up the buffer to get through them. First question is, can you please tell me what the max buffer setting for XiiaLive (DroidLive) is? And how did your test go? Thanks!

pim

Reaction score
On my commute to work I have a few dead zones. I'm hoping to find a player that will let me crank up the buffer to get through them. First question is, can you please tell me what the max buffer setting for XiiaLive (DroidLive) is? And how did your test go? Thanks!

I also tried xiialive buffer size. It doesn't really change anything, even if I set the max buffer to 20 000 ms.
I was using pocket tunes under windows mobile and I could drive 200km without any buffers ! It's not the same with android. I havent found such a good application so far.
Radio time is maybe good with buffers but it doesn't play aac+ streams. mp3 has really a bad quality at low bitrates. With a 32kbps aac+ stream you have a good sound quality and less buffers.
There are few apps with aac+ support unfortunatly.