Radio App that does not buffer all the time

ThePravus

Reaction score
ClearChannel doesn't want to spend the money to have the infrastructure to support iHeartRadio completely. Remember old media corps (newspaper, magazine, radio) hate the internet.

If droid live is buffering it is not the fault of the app. It is just a interface to listen to Shoutcast stations. Each station is hosted independently. If its hosted on some guys ADSL at home, its probably going to suck.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I sied Droidlive a while back and it buffered all the time regardless of spotty areas. I found this will all radio apps except for Radio Time.

Yes DroidLive does buffer sometimes but not often. I also use iheartradio and RadioTime. Personally RadioTime is my favorite but they need to add the station i downloaded it for. Bouncing back and forth from RadioTime and iheartradio for different stations can get annoying. RadioTime should be able to add stations that iheartradio can pick up with NO problems.

Are you aware that iheartradio is owned by Clear Channel (the largest radio station owner in the US) and that they don't allow RadioTime to stream their channels? That might be your problem.

Yeah some of the stations i'm talking about aren't owned by Clear Channel though.

acturbo

Reaction score
This question is sort of off topic but can anyone who has the paid version of droidlive chime in here. On the paid version, after increasing buffer size do you see a noticeable difference in the amount of audio drop outs or is it about the same? Thanks

shugknight

Reaction score
Has anybody tried A Online Radio? I just dled it last night and so far I think it's been great. Not too much buffering going on.

jasonb

Reaction score
This question is sort of off topic but can anyone who has the paid version of droidlive chime in here. On the paid version, after increasing buffer size do you see a noticeable difference in the amount of audio drop outs or is it about the same? Thanks

I upper mine from 3,000ms to 10,000ms very recently. I haven't had much time to test to see if there is a difference yet. I will try and let you know.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get police radio on the Radio Time app? Says you can but theres none in my area that I see...

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Anyone know how to get police radio on the Radio Time app? Says you can but theres none in my area that I see...

Its whatever is available. RadioTime doesnt have much of the police scanners at all. If youd like police scanners purchase PoliceStream from the Market for $1.99! It has an extensive list of Streams from Police,Fire,EMT and TAC. Ive even seen airport police on it lol.

acturbo

Reaction score

I upper mine from 3,000ms to 10,000ms very recently. I haven't had much time to test to see if there is a difference yet. I will try and let you know.

Ok thanks.

OP
R

rgn2000

Reaction score
Has anybody tried A Online Radio? I just dled it last night and so far I think it's been great. Not too much buffering going on.

For A Online seemed pretty good at first and then after some time it was no different then the others

OP
R

rgn2000

Reaction score
I have DroidLive (Xiia) Lite and it constantly buffers througout the song. It's annoying. What can be done?

Not much can be done...you can only try differfent apps...I recommend Radio Time.

OP
R

rgn2000

Reaction score
How about Pandora or last FM?

Pandora and Slacker do not have buffering issues. I assume LastFm does not as well b ut have no experience with it. But understand that these apps do not play radio stations. They played self created stations of chosen genres of music.

cabotcat

Reaction score
Another vote for Radiotime. Just bought it and love it. Great ap and well worth the money. Also the web based interface on my home computer is very nice. Add a preset on my Mac and it is recognized on my Droid.

With the myriad of music aps for the Droid I was able to cancel my XM subscription. Everything I listened to on XM is readily available on the Droid without a monthly service charge.

Man I love this phone!!!!