If you have questions about durability....WATCH

T6D16C84

Reaction score
This video is courtesy of eL777....Shows how scratch resistant the screen of the device is. (This was in another post about whether the screen was glass or plastic but it's nice to have a dedicated thread for those that knew the screen was glass and may have skipped over it.)

Big shout out and thanks to eL for not only putting his droid through the paces but for giving us a video!!!!

[video=youtube;eh2g7AIHdc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2g7AIHdc8]YouTube - Motorola Droid Scratch Test[/video]

Zero Cool

Reaction score
WOW! thanks for sacrificing your droid for this video! I feel a bit better about my screen now that's for sure!

coolkidd

Reaction score
And I bought the ZAGG Invisible Shield! Man... I should have waited for this video... It would have saved me $19.99 + s&h.... Oh well....

OP
T

T6D16C84

Reaction score
I ordered an invisible shield for mine as well, but after watching this my order has been cancelled...lol

stiggy

Reaction score
I loled when he attacked the screen with the key. Went nuts on it!

OP
T

T6D16C84

Reaction score
yeah, he wasn't gentle, very effective display of the scratch resistant nature of the device

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
LOL that crazy moto. Good video I'd still ever do it.

Video looks awesome on the Droid

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
LOL that crazy moto. Good video I'd still ever do it.

Video looks awesome on the Droid

harpua

Reaction score
hahahhaha. that is one of the funniest videos ever. :lets just say im gonna drop some keys on it: lol. great stuff. thank you very much eL777 and T6D16C84 !

eL777

Reaction score
Thanks guys, glad you like it... I had a very short amount of time to shoot the video because my camera battery was dying so this was the first and only shoot, there were no retakes, so sorry for the lame key drop lol.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Dude you are crazy but that was awesome hahahaha

Zero Cool

Reaction score
Thanks guys, glad you like it... I had a very short amount of time to shoot the video because my camera battery was dying so this was the first and only shoot, there were no retakes, so sorry for the lame key drop lol.

I thought the key drop was perfect! that was a real world test there. that was NOT lame. Im glad you did that. showed that the screen will take a mild impact. I have no doubt mine will take some shots like that! keys, screwdrivers, nuts bolts etc.