Is a scratch protector really needed?

bawoo49

Reaction score
I have always used a screen protector on all of my Phones, Blackberrys and PSP and I've never had a problem with them turning colors or Bubbling up. When applied correctly they can do what they are supposed to do, protect your Shinning and New Devices from scratches.

The one that I've used for years and recommend can be found Here

I visited this company's online store and like the idea of buying from a small American manufacturer. Is this product as good as the company's owner says it is? The Razr MAXX will be our first smartphones and I am in the process of selecting cases and screen protectors before ordering the phones. I realize these items are primarily a matter of personal preference, but with no prior experience I want to buy protection that is generally recognized as adequate.

Thanks!

cherrywine

Reaction score
I would like to say a screen protector is needed always like a condom. But unfortunately I don't always wear a condom, nonetheless is it necessary?:blink:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Your practices with prophylactics isn't a deciding factor :D

joshxdroid

Reaction score
That's what the full body military Shields like naked shield should be called "the phone condom"

EthanStark

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola droid turbo 2
Anti-Glare: Gorilla glass is great, but like all shiny glass, it can make your device very hard to see in the sun. While you may not need to protect yourself from scratches, there are still some great screen protectors out there that give a more matte feel to your screen, saving you from the glare and allowing you to see your screen wherever they are. We recommend the Moshi iVisor, which is not only anti-glare, but super easy to apply without bubbles. Anti-Finger Prints: The other thing you've probably noticed is that while these devices look great out of the box, they get covered with fingerprints after just a few minutes of use. If you don't want to constantly wipe it off with a cloth to make it look nice, you might consider (again) the Moshi iVisor, which not only removes glare, but is pretty fingerprint-resistant.

Ethan Stark

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I used to not use a screen protector until I put the note 3 phone in a pocket that had loose change in it. put some scratches on the screen - fortunately a screen protector hid those scratches from the person I sold the phone to last year :)

leabradley

Reaction score
Yes, we really need a screen protector for our cell phone. It protects the screen from breakage. I am also using screen protector for samsung galaxy edge note and bought this screen protector from the “Thematys” eBay store.

leabradley

Reaction score
Obviously it will assist, but not necessary. It's just personal preference and it depends on how secure you want to be.