If u get NO data connection -*READ THIS*-

jimmydene84

Reaction score
All tb owners -*read this*-

so i lost my data connection yesterday morning, gave it a day to see if it came back and NOTHING. Went into verizon after calling tech support (thought it was a bad SIM card) they messed with it awhile and nothing, put in a new SIM and everything, wouldnt even connect to WiFi! They called tech support went through a bunch of stuff again and NOTHING! I was within my 14 return policy, so they gave me a NEW in the box TB. Turned it on and NO DATA!!!!?! The MGR of the store called and talked to "their" tech support supervisor, and apparently this is starting to be a mass plague for the TB right now. I was assured that they will be on my personal case A.S.A.P. (as i got pretty mad after hearing this)

So what to take from this post, if u loose data on ur TB (HOPEFULLY U WONT!) but in a nutshell there is absolutly NOTHING they can do!!

Hopefully i will be posting good news in a very short time (we will see)

Helawat

Reaction score
Umm...did you at least power it off? Lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Umm...did you at least power it off? Lol

Did soft reset, battery pull, switched kernels, radios, ROMS, unrooted back to stock out of the box and went into Verizon

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
I thought maybe a Verizon thing until you said the wifi wasn't working either... strange...

keep us posted on what you find out

Strange thing though, WiFi at Verizon didn't work. WiFi at home works....don't get it

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
This has happened to me twice I think. At best I would get a 1X signal for hours. Eventually (hours later) the 3G would come back.

tnronin

Reaction score
Hmmm I wonder if the horrible G3 at PCB is connected to this? I'm back in TN and I'm back to normal. And I'm on a D1.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Lucas5

Reaction score
it seems to me that the TB must not have gone through proper Quality Control testing. In any case, I have had issues with my TB losing data (didn't affect wifi) and/or it would be stuck at 1X. Normally, turning it off and on would restore 3G (or 4G if i were in a 4G area) but this kept happening frequently (at least once after 2 days). Anyway, I ended up flashing my phone to the original radios that came with the TB and it has been fine since, but it does feel like the TB sucks the battery quicker now.

a44kaliburll

Reaction score
This has happened to me twice I think. At best I would get a 1X signal for hours. Eventually (hours later) the 3G would come back.

^^Same thing for me. For a few hours I would only get 1x and I thought that it was my rom that was messing up. hmm....

More and more issues come up with this phone that seems pretty crappy. I was in love with this phone what it was a rumor in August. And I keep trying to justify these crap outs to myself but one thing after another is getting to be an issue.

Good luck to the OP. And I hope none of us get it that bad....

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I've had 1x-3g-4g issues just as recent as Sunday (May 29) I sat with 0 data for about 3-4 hours even though I drove right next to a 4G tower in Northern LA. Though I have never had problems connecting to my WiFi thankfully. I guess I should be happy about that. I'm a rooter and have only used Das BAMF roms (GB included). Never had a problem with WiFi. I feel bad for those that do :/

Reaction score
That's happened to me a few times after toggling from 4G to 3G using Phone Info. When that happens I go to the menu in Phone Info and hit "Enable Data Connection" and that usually works. I think it's an issue with the radio switching.

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
-----UPDATE-----

called again today, transferred to a lvl 2 tech. Got nowhere, transferred to an engineer...went through all the issues and failures to fix them. So its an issue with my acct he said (not sure y as more than just me r having the issue) he put a "double flag" high priority on my acct, sent me a text message with the info and work order number and should have an engineer call me as soon as they know either why its happening or when its fixed. Kinda getting frustrated! 3 days without data is almost as bad as no phone at all!

Atom702

Reaction score
thanks for the info. my wife works for verizon and they dont have a clue status going on. After some time 3g does come back, but we all pay a small fortune for these amazing devices, only to get trouble from the carrier? Bull****.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
I'm gettin excited....I can get 4G now, but no 3g....looks like they r working on it finally :)