No data connection

capt46wfd

Reaction score
happened twice with mine in the last month. was still able to send and receive sms, but not mms..........turned the phone off and back on, and got my mms back.

leonoradee

Reaction score
Hi,

I just joined this site because I'm desperate for help, haha. This morning when I turned on my phone, everything related to my Google account was gone - contacts, Gmail, calendar, etc. When I tried re-entering my account info in settings, it says: "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server." Also, internet apps like Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, etc. haven't been responding, and the browser forces close after two seconds of being open. I keep getting the message "No peer certificate."

Is this an issue with my phone, or Verizon? My phone is working normally as far as calls and text messages, but everything that requires data seems to have disappeared.

Help?! I'm not good with all this tech stuff and have no idea what to do. I couldn't find anything online, either.

Thanks!

ephlat

Reaction score
Anybody else having this problem? For the past two or three days, I have absolutely no data connection without WiFi. Everything works fine with WiFi connected, but without WiFi, no 3G, no 4G, no email, no web. Grey bars, no blue bars. Phone calls and texts work fine. I'm using ICS 215, but I have had no problems for the past few weeks since the upgrade until two days ago. Phone settings preferred network type is set to: "LTE/CDMA/EvDo" but it doesn't make any difference if I change to LTE only or CDMA only.
Is it possible I have a malfunctioning data radio?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Have you tried:

- Restart Connections
- Airplane mode
- Powering the phone off, and removing the Sim Card

Do you know anyone else with an LTE phone to check to see if it's an outage?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Also, make sure mobile data is on in your settings under data.

ephlat

Reaction score
Also, make sure mobile data is on in your settings under data.

Sorry, must have had a real brain fart. Somehow, mobile data setting got turned off, and I didn't realize. Probably the battery saver smart action crashed and left it off permanently. :blush:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sorry, must have had a real brain fart. Somehow, mobile data setting got turned off, and I didn't realize. Probably the battery saver smart action crashed and left it off permanently. :blush:

Nope... you didn't have a brainfart... happened to me too man...

Also.. love the name.. ephlat or Eflat or Eb :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It wasn't anything you did... I think its something with ics... you're on 215 or 211?
215.. same thing happened to me two days ago.. idk why. But turning it back on fixed it for me too.