Data connectivity

clayrebel

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with fluctuating data connectivity between 4G and 3G?
It seems like after the update I can't get a steady connection.
Its always switching back and forth, sometimes I'll lose data connection completely.
Reminds of when I first bought the RAZR back in 11/11/11.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
On my first Razr it was constantly dropping & switching, it spent most of it's time dropped(it did OK if signal levels were excellent, at least at the times I was actively using data). It was worse after the update. I think this is or at least related to what was causing my phone to over heat & not only not charge but rapidly drain battery although not as rapid as a process continuously using excessive CPU. That's the main reason I did a warranty exchange.

On my current Razr I didn't really test data preupdate as I did the update pretty much right away. This one does still seem to switch a lot but doesn't seem to drop connection that much(at least not that I've noticed while actively using data). This phone seems to be doing what's expected with the update in that if it does need to switch it does it quicker & it also seems to stay locked in better.

At this time although it's not perfect I'm fairly happy with how data is working so far. I also tend to do most of my use that I'd notice dropped internet while on wifi, which is worse on the new phone but that's another story.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You might try powering down your device, remove the sim. Power back on, power off, reinsert sim, power on.

This helped my maxx after the update to .181. It resets the sim card.

Give it a try... if this doesn't help you could always go to a vzw store and get them to get you a new simcard.

Hope this helps??

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

hayn

Reaction score
Does anyone have issues with data connection on ics?

OP
clayrebel

clayrebel

Reaction score
All the time.
I'm unstable from 3g to 4g to no connection.
This has been an issue since the ics update.

hayn

Reaction score
clayrebel said:
All the time.
I'm unstable from 3g to 4g to no connection.
This has been an issue since the ics update.

I am too

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have this issue to, reseat your sim card... power off, remove the sim, power on. Power off, replace sim, power on.

Then in your settings, switch from global to lte/CDMA.. it helped me.. ymmv.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Last edited: