If u get NO data connection -*READ THIS*-

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Looks like all is well so far :) gonna give it another day. Then its time to root and Rom again! :D

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Man, reading this thread scares the poop outta me!

It doesn't scare me for the future if it happens again, I learned (as u should to) a valuable lesson in all this. SKIP tech support lvl 1 & 2, get to a network engineer! They got things done pretty quick after talking to them :)

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
True, but if u gripe enuf somethin will happen. I never got mad or raised my voice till the final time I called, maybe it was the 2 times before I called, o.r cause I got mad and demanded some answers at least. Hopefully I won't have to find out which it was lol :)

azpilot

Reaction score
I had no 3G for several days, took it in and they replaced the Sim card and that fixed. They did say have been seeing a lot of this issue and luckily for them, the Sim card has resolved it on those phones.

WavelandAve

Reaction score
Lost 3G a few days ago, after an hour at the store they got it working. Wake up today with no 3G or WiFi after my 3rd reboot of the day 3G is finally back. This thing is driving me crazy, unfortunately I've had it past the 14 days. Not about to trade my $350 phone that I bought just a month ago for some refurb

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Good and bad news about that problem, its in NO way phone related. It's purely on Verizon's network end, so even a refurbished phone wouldn't fix it. They r trying to get it all dialed in though

viperguy586

Reaction score
First off I work at Verizon wireless as tech support coordinator....
I have a HTC thunderbolt which is still dropping data ...
I live just outside of 4g but of course at work I get it and they just released 4g around my area....
Now the crazy stuff.....
I can be at work with pure 4 bars and 4G and bam no data but full bars still so I can still text and call...
Same thing at home...I have a network extender so I have full bars of service and 3G and yet it will drop data but still full bars....can text n call....
Sometimes it will come back up 1x but yea no data and full bars...
I have factory reset this thing 6 times...still doesn't resolve the issue...
There's no fix...I can change settings doing *#*#4636#*#* and ##778 ....still doesn't help...it just acts up in spurts...u never know when or why but its gone until it decides to come back...I am officially starting to think I have a bad radio....
My wife's thunderbolt doesn't do this...her issue is the famous power cycling...
Mine power cycles here n there hers all the time....I'm really hoping the update fixes more than just the power cycling bc I'm trying to stay away from CLNR...(CERTIFIED LIKE NEW REPLACEMENT)
Cmon update pls come out tomorrow!!!!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hopefully nexus and nexus owners see a turn around like the thunderbolt

tituswife

Reaction score
First off I work at Verizon wireless as tech support coordinator....
I have a HTC thunderbolt which is still dropping data ...
I live just outside of 4g but of course at work I get it and they just released 4g around my area....
Now the crazy stuff.....
I can be at work with pure 4 bars and 4G and bam no data but full bars still so I can still text and call...
Same thing at home...I have a network extender so I have full bars of service and 3G and yet it will drop data but still full bars....can text n call....
Sometimes it will come back up 1x but yea no data and full bars...
I have factory reset this thing 6 times...still doesn't resolve the issue...
There's no fix...I can change settings doing *#*#4636#*#* and ##778 ....still doesn't help...it just acts up in spurts...u never know when or why but its gone until it decides to come back...I am officially starting to think I have a bad radio....
My wife's thunderbolt doesn't do this...her issue is the famous power cycling...
Mine power cycles here n there hers all the time....I'm really hoping the update fixes more than just the power cycling bc I'm trying to stay away from CLNR...(CERTIFIED LIKE NEW REPLACEMENT)
Cmon update pls come out tomorrow!!!!

What is power cycling? Thanks.

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

zacedward

Reaction score
Power cycling is when phone turns off and on for no reason