If the Bionic consumes so much battery, then what will the Vigor and the Prime need?

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
As phones become more powerful and sophisticated, with the ability to take on new tasks, brighter more vibrant screens, faster processors with more cores, the trade off is always going to be less battery life. Not to mention the obsession with the slimness of the phone that is expected from the consumer, which limits battery size and juice. Smart phones have been around long enough people should already have come to expect this. So have a charger at home that you can take to work, and one for the car and you shouldnt have a dead battery. This is what i do and if i ever have a dead battery it is my own stupidity for not charging it while i had the chance.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

USAFgunner

Reaction score
Don't know what all the fuss about battery life is, upgraded from the thunderbolt and that battery life sucked, this ain't to bad

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

gdbjr

Reaction score
Don't know what all the fuss about battery life is, upgraded from the thunderbolt and that battery life sucked, this ain't to bad

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I have done the exact same thing and you are correct. Then again anything is better then the battery life on the thunderbolt.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As google continues to improve the os we will see it consume less especially with oems designing chipsets to utilize power more efficiently. The battery in the Zack Morris phone was much larger than the phone we have now and our phones do so much more. We are talking about phones that are more powerful then computers 5 years ago and running on hi data speed. It will take some time for technology to evolve and make these devices more efficient.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
As google continues to improve the os we will see it consume less especially with oems designing chipsets to utilize power more efficiently. The battery in the Zack Morris phone was much larger than the phone we have now and our phones do so much more. We are talking about phones that are more powerful then computers 5 years ago and running on hi data speed. It will take some time for technology to evolve and make these devices more efficient.

This.

People seem to think that you keep having to get a larger battery, but that's really not the case as the hardware is optimized to use less and still increase in performance.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's true that the Bionic is the first phone where I can truly do almost everything my pc can.

And the speed is amazing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DamirD1984

Reaction score
In the 10 days I have had the Bionic, before I returned it today... battery seemed pretty good, with moderate use, I was able to get trough the day without charging. Now, what do people consider moderate use. I guess, for me was, texting, browsing the web, use wifi while at home or work, and some calls.

In comparison, I had the Thunderbolt, and that thing could not last me not even a half as long as the Bionic, with the same moderate use as described.

Don't get me wrong, the Bionic can eat some battery, when you use it to the fullest... 5-6 hours, and that is like playing games on it, watchin youtube on 4G, and all sorts of things... it's all how you use your phone.

BlownSi05

Reaction score
If it is an HTC phone, Vigor, it will truly suffer in the battery department. If there is such a thing as a prime it will depend on who makes it as to what the battery life will be. Some manufactures do better at battery management then others.

How do Samsung phones usually handle battery life, because the Prime is rumored to be a Samsung phone. I have an available upgrade and want to come back to a droid from my iphone 4, but I am not sure if I shoudl wait for the Prime or go with the Bionic.

OP
Y

yiannis

Reaction score
How do Samsung phones usually handle battery life, because the Prime is rumored to be a Samsung phone. I have an available upgrade and want to come back to a droid from my iphone 4, but I am not sure if I shoudl wait for the Prime or go with the Bionic.

The bionic extended battery will cover your energy needs unless you watch some sort of video when the battery charge drops precipitously. You'd have to turn off some social networking apps when you don't use them as well. But I don't think that it has to do with who makes the phone, the point I was making was more related to fact the fact that the're overspec'd. Especially after the TBolt one would hope that companies hqve learned the lesson.

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
pentile screen... and some connectivity issues.... but mainly pentile screen

This was the nail in the coffin for me as well..holding out for a while longer.. prime or vigor? Maybe?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

rumblee1

Reaction score
THE WORLDS LONGEST EXTENSION CORD.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums