[Rumor] HTC Vigor to be Renamed to Droid Incredible HD; Coming October 13

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
incredible-hd-release11.jpg

This leaked document from an unspecified source seems to indicate that the HTC Vigor will be coming to Verizon as soon as October 13th. Furthermore, it's name will change to become the HTC Droid Incredible HD. More of its specs have been displayed in the leak as well:
  • 4G LTE
  • 1.5GHz Dual-core processor
  • 4.3" Screen with either 800 x 480 or 1280 x 720 resolution?
  • Gingerbread
  • 8MP Camera in back
  • 2MP Camera in front
  • 1620 mAh battery
  • Mobile Hotspot Capable for 10 devices
  • class 10 32GB microSD card
  • A set of Beats by Dr Dre studio earbuds
Those specs seem amazing, and actually could give the Bionic some serious competition (except for the battery); however, there is something suspect about this "leak." The doc indicates a WVGA resolution for the screen which is just 800 x 480, but it also indicates a resolution of 1280 x 720. This is a contradiction that could either be a minor typo, or could indicate that the doc is simply a fake created by an overzealous fan-boy. Which do you guys think is the case?

Source: Android.net via Droid-Life

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
If the name of the phone has "HD" in it and it has a 800 x 480 display? Major fail!

mach330

Reaction score
yeah i'm curious about the display as well. hopefully it's not some software tweak or trickery to make it hd. 10/13 was done on purpose which is just outside my 30 day window (costco return) from my bionic. lol

gwhiz377

Reaction score
Never liked the name Vigor. Either way, if this is real, I'll still probably wait to see some official word on the Prime before I make my decision.

creaky

Reaction score
If the name of the phone has "HD" in it and it has a 800 x 480 display? Major fail!

Doesn't bullet-point 3 say "HD resolution of 1280 x 720"? I know there's an asterisk after but I can't see what it's attached to.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
I like the name Vigor better than Incredible HD -.- Vigor rolls off the tongue easier and sounds bada**er

sb1831

Reaction score
I'll be surprised if it gets 6 hours off the charger when it is released.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
If this has even 12 hours battery life it will be my next phone! VZW tried 3 times this weekend to upgrade me and I told them I am waiting on this one

Chris

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I know the VZW store guys usually know everything after everyone else, but i just came back from the store (played with the bionic some more) and both guys confirmed that both Vigor and Prime are coming sometime in Oct. According to what they know (which is not much lol) Vigor is named Vigor and will have GB. Prime will be loaded with the Ice Cream (they said Cone) Sandwich...

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So does this mean that either these leaks are false or that the one's that said the Vigor was the Thunderbolt 2 are false?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I know the VZW store guys usually know everything after everyone else, but i just came back from the store (played with the bionic some more) and both guys confirmed that both Vigor and Prime are coming sometime in Oct. According to what they know (which is not much lol) Vigor is named Vigor and will have GB. Prime will be loaded with the Ice Cream (they said Cone) Sandwich...

Ice Cream Cone ftw!

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I wouldn't relay on what they say to decide what is true or false but i do like the fact that they are aware of the phones and know of an oct' release...