Idiot Move with the Droid

WildcatTM

Reaction score
So, my phone died yesterday. I received a replacement phone this afternoon. I know that I'm picking up the Droid Bionic in a few weeks, so I figured I'd get into this rooting business. It did not work out well at all. Is there anyway to get the phone back to factory condition? I want to wipe everything clean so I'm able to get 2.2.2 from Verizon, then go about the rooting process less half-ass like.

OP
W

WildcatTM

Reaction score
Yes, Droid 1. I can get into the recovery generated after the flash. I'm trying to get to the whatever shock I had so I can start from scratch.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So download the master
Frg83g OTA and put on root of sdcard named update.zip and that should take care of you!

Sent from my A855, while on the move.

OP
W

WildcatTM

Reaction score
So here's the entire story:

Phone broke on Wednesday. Got a replacement on Thursday. Decided to root the Droid to the P.E. rom. I downloaded drivers, SPRecovery, and the rom pack. After flashing to SPRecovery, I realized I forgot to put update.zip into my SD card. No problem, I thought. Phone boots up and shows the battery is dying (but it wasn't). Put the update.zip into the SD, booted up to SPRecovery and attempted to install the P.E. rom. After the installation, I see that I'm frozen on the M screen. No biggie, I thought. Shut the phone down a few times before I give up and download a 2.0 rom. I was thinking Verizon would boot me back into 2.2.2 and that will be the end of that. So, that didn't work. Now I'm having SD problems (Removed SD Card icon). No biggie, I thought. This time around I downloaded a 2.2.2 rom and put it in as update.zip. Try to boot into SPRecovery and nothing happens. The screen with the triangle appears -- which I have no idea what that means.

This where I am at the moment. Suggestions?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can try getting into the stock recovery and wiping cache to see if you can boot.

Otherwise you will need to do one of two things. Download a VZW Master OTA and flash it with stock recovery or get a SBF for stock VZW 2.1+.

To access stock recovery from the triangle hit volume up then camera button (could be volume down, I forget, its one of them).

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You didn't wipe cache and data before you flashed PE?

And you didn't make a backup with Sprecovery?

jimmysif88

Reaction score
Just got droid 3 two wks ago.this phon is much slower and much less responsive than my a855.can any one tell me y?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got droid 3 two wks ago.this phon is much slower and much less responsive than my a855.can any one tell me y?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Not sure what issues you are experiencing but this is a discussion about an a855 not a D3.