Ics???!

kevozworld

Reaction score
Enough is enough!!! If I don't get Icecream Sandwich by April, I'm quitting Android for good! I'm tired of all this unnecessary fragmentation! Does anyone else agree that this constant waiting for the newest update (in spite of rooting) is a little ridiculous?

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
No offense but you should consider yourself lucky you're even on the upgrade list. Newer and more powerful phones were left out in the cold.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
kevozworld

kevozworld

Reaction score
That's my point exactly though. And for all I know, DIC2 won't even get it till the second half of the year. Might as well use my upgrade that's coming next week.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
The manufacturer skins certainly cause issues but they also promote differentiation. I'd say if you have an upgrade, take it without looking back. Nothing against the Dinc2 but even with ICS (whenever it gets it) it won't run up to par with some of the newer Androids.

OP
kevozworld

kevozworld

Reaction score
True. How is that Galaxy Nexus? Do you like it a lot?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Could not imagine having made a better choice. I absolutely love it. There is no better phone if you're into rooting, romming, and custom kernels. Battery life is average and the camera is solid. Some have experienced issues but I've been fortunate enough to avoid such.

OP
kevozworld

kevozworld

Reaction score
That sounds pretty cool. I might go check that out in the store.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Enough is enough!!! If I don't get Icecream Sandwich by April, I'm quitting Android for good! I'm tired of all this unnecessary fragmentation! Does anyone else agree that this constant waiting for the newest update (in spite of rooting) is a little ridiculous?

I think that the constant complaining about not having the latest OS is unnecessary. What do you have that's fragmented? I have a bionic and I don't see fragmentation. But I imagine I use my phone differently then you use yours.

I said this yesterday, I'll say it again. I've have never owned a single touch screen phone (including the infamous Blackberry Storm) that got an update that wasn't totally underwhelming. I want ICS too but it will get here when it gets here. I'll bet when it does get here you'll see so many complaints your eyes will pop out.

OP
kevozworld

kevozworld

Reaction score
Anyways..... I'm going to check out some more phone and see what's worth upgrading to.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I think that the constant complaining about not having the latest OS is unnecessary. What do you have that's fragmented? I have a bionic and I don't see fragmentation. But I imagine I use my phone differently then you use yours.

Bazillion % agree.
What is the killer feature that you want from ICS? Let me guess... there isn't one you just want the latest and greatest.
  • You bought a phone with Froyo on it. And it worked really well.
  • HTC then updated it to Gingerbread. They never promised you when you bought your phone that you would get this upgrade.
  • Phone still runs great.
  • HTC promises to give us ICS.
They don't HAVE to do any of this. HTC is one of the better companies when it comes to updating phones.
And you want to whine about it.
Really?

My stock phone runs great. I have no complaints. If iI get an update to ICS before I can upgrade I will be very appreciative. If I don't... I still enjoy my phone.

Sorry but someone had to say it. The sense of entitlement of some folks is just astounding....
And the impatience. My god. They need time to make sure it won't screw up anything. This stuff doesn't happen over night.

[video=youtube;8r1CZTLk-Gk]http://youtu.be/8r1CZTLk-Gk[/video]

Last edited:
OP
kevozworld

kevozworld

Reaction score
Both of your replies were completely unnecessary. Idk why you had to blow this whole thing completely out of proportion. All I was saying is, I'm tired of not having the latest version of android. Why bother releasing something if you're not going to allow everyone to use it? It makes NO sense.

And with that said, my next phone will be an iPhone. Don't bother blowing up my post with any more ignorant angry comments about nothing.

devator22

Reaction score
Hmm...so you'd rather have an iphone? Will you go make an angry post in one of the Apple modder threads when your phone won't work anymore because you updated to the latest version of ios and the updates apple puts out are designed to kill older phones? It's about the money, son, and htc doesn't make any updating your phone. But they do, because they care about their customers. We will get it eventually, and it will be awesome.

But, I digress. I hope you enjoy your forced obsolescence...opps, I mean iphone.

Sent from my mobile typewriter with tapatalk

OP
kevozworld

kevozworld

Reaction score
Can you even justify that statement? When have you ever seen an iOS update (which is sent to to pretty much EVERY iPhone, unlike Android) "kill" a phone? Because I sure haven't. And every one of my friends who has one hasn't experienced that.

We get your point, Die Hard Android fan. I'm not hating on Android, I just want a consistant experience with my next mobile phone.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's keep it cool... the OP backed off initially, so let's try and keep it civil. He's entitled to his opinion, as are those who disagree with him, but just keep it civil and respectful.

And Pere... I LOVE that video! :)

summit21

Reaction score
I read it was to be released sometime in March. They still have almost 2 weeks to fulfill that rumor.