Ics???!

nikecar

Reaction score
I know many people with iPhones that don't have the latest iOS 5.x on their phones. They are completly oblivious as to what it can do (mainly that pull down Android notification bar). they are perfectly happy with what they got now.

As another PP said, what difference will you notice with ICS? Its like buying a car. You have an 20xx model car. The next year they come out with a redesign and add X+Y features. Did your car fail in every way possible that you need to return it and get this new latest model?

You buy a 47" TV, top of the line. Next superbowl comes around and they add X features. Do you run out to get a new TV and scrape your less than 1yo set?

No?

I'd like ICS, but I'm happy with mine. If I never got ICS, I'm pleased with the performance and the OS I do have. I could understand having a top of the line phone (say the Razr or a Rezound or something) and they say you will never get ICS. I'd be a bit more pissed as they are newer and more powerful phones.

But itsa the OP's choice to go to an iPhone. I call the bluff though. I'd like to find out in May what he did.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Roger that.
;)

But Apple certainly does kill off phones. Anyone still have a 3G? That killed killed with the 5.0 update. And When the next phone comes out, the 3GS will be history. ANd so on and so on. They all do it Kev.

Krennel

Reaction score
I read it was to be released sometime in March. They still have almost 2 weeks to fulfill that rumor.

Some of their phones are supposed to get ICS in the first quarter of the year. I'd say the Dinc2 won't get it until quarter 3-4.

mgullick

Reaction score
ICS Change

I don't root or use custom ROMs. I don't even use a custom launcher. I'm pretty happy with the phone the way it is with a few minor cosmetic changes (clock skin, weather skin, etc.). I think the only "must have" feature of ICS that I want is that the home screen should do landscape mode. I'll probably manage to struggle on with things the way they are until the update comes.

EVoorhees

Reaction score
Enough is enough!!! If I don't get Icecream Sandwich by April, I'm quitting Android for good! I'm tired of all this unnecessary fragmentation! Does anyone else agree that this constant waiting for the newest update (in spite of rooting) is a little ridiculous?

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

HTC has responded to this MANY times in the past. They have release ICS to some devices (primarily on AT&T) because they have finalized Sense to work correctly with ICS. You could follow their Facebook page and ask them there. I don't think that rooting your phone at the moment to get ICS is worth the time. And ICS is barely on to any Android devices (counting ones that did not come with it already installed.) It's coming soon enough.

tjb90291

Reaction score
Iphone gets updates to all of them because they run the same builds and such android isnt done that way so there fore it takes more time be patient it will be worth it

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2.

EVoorhees

Reaction score
Iphone gets updates to all of them because they run the same builds and such android isnt done that way so there fore it takes more time be patient it will be worth it

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2.

iOS is a operating system that runs on all Apple mobile devices. Every Apple mobile device is built specifically to run iOS. Apple implements new features so some devices are old, outdated, and left in the dark. It's really confusing, I know. xD

Julez2012

Reaction score
iPhones aren't good. Eveything my Dinc2 does, I would have to JB an iPhone. I enjoyed having a JB iTouch, but JB gets OLD after awhile. I love the Android OS, sure ICS isn't out yet, and I'm an impatiant kid with ADD who looks up when the update arrives during school...but what I'm trying to say is, "the joys of ICS come to those who wait." I've been waiting for six months for ICS, but then I try to focus on something else to keep me busy, HTC is taking their sweet time, but the joys of ICS will be here, and it'll be like a holiday for me. I was SO happy when Gingerbread came out, because I was running on Froyo, but I didn't notice anything different, but my phone seemed more stable. So, yeah, let HTC take their time, and let them fix the bugs, THEN we might get the ICS by summer or something! :D

Julez2012

Reaction score
I just hope they don't load the ICS build down with a metric ton of Verizon bloatware.
That would suck. Verizon has so much bloatware its INSANE. Its like they don't want you to have room for anything else on the phone or something. I don't even USE the bloatware, except maybe Backup Assistant. Its saved me numerous times. :)

Julez2012

Reaction score
I just read on droidlife that the SU for Dinc2 has been approved, but the OTA is delayed. :/ I'm not completely sure if its an update to ICS though. I hope it is:)

OP
kevozworld

kevozworld

Reaction score
Well, I appreciate all the input and opinionated replies from everyone. Even if some of them were extremely negative. I am going to purchase an iPhone when I get home this coming week. I just want to try a new phone and OS for a change.

Ok? No negative thoughts towards you hardcore android people. I like my Droid INC2 alot, I'm just pretty much bored of it. I thought getting ICS a little sooner would keep me on the device after spicing things up a bit. Oh well.

Krennel

Reaction score
Well, I appreciate all the input and opinionated replies from everyone. Even if some of them were extremely negative. I am going to purchase an iPhone when I get home this coming week. I just want to try a new phone and OS for a change.

Ok? No negative thoughts towards you hardcore android people. I like my Droid INC2 alot, I'm just pretty much bored of it. I thought getting ICS a little sooner would keep me on the device after spicing things up a bit. Oh well.

I wish all of luck you mate. I had an iPhone for a while, and still have an iPod touch and my wife has an iPad, there is nothing wrong with Apple products and their OS in general. Apple as a company however, that is another matter entirely.

I pretty much switched because with Apple's OS because I can customize Android with widgets and whatnot, whereas all you get on iOS is icons. That and the map over there doesn't have a GPS function, and it felt like I had to do multiple steps with things that take me one step with Android. It is also very locked down. Cant change your default browser, fonts, things of the like. The only thing I do miss from iOS is being able to import my Outlook mail.

I'm not trying to bash you or push you back toward Android in any way, just giving you my two cents on my experience between the two operating systems and letting you make a decision, but I will say this. If you managed to get bored with Android that quickly, then iOS will wear off on you much more quickly.

Cheers:icon_ peace:

OP
kevozworld

kevozworld

Reaction score
Wait, so did you own the iPhone or the Android first? And I was beginning to worry about that GPS feature too. I rely heavily on that when I'm going places with friends.