ICS: No more caps lock??

radon

Reaction score
The ICS update took away caps lock for the stock keyboard. Anyone else annoyed by this?? To type ICS for example, I used to tap the caps key twice, then type i,c,s. Now i have to tap caps, i, caps, c, caps, s. What a pain. Am I missing something? So far with all the unnecessary changes and problems I'm having with it, I'm not a big fan of the new ICS.

blake28

Reaction score
The ICS update took away caps lock for the stock keyboard. Anyone else annoyed by this?? To type ICS for example, I used to tap the caps key twice, then type i,c,s. Now i have to tap caps, i, caps, c, caps, s. What a pain. Am I missing something? So far with all the unnecessary changes and problems I'm having with it, I'm not a big fan of the new ICS.

I had this problem too, believe it or not, it was pointed out to me that caps lock is still there, u just have to press the shift key twice in succession (2 quick taps on the arrow key) , then u will c a little blue light come on, on the bottom part of the arrow.

Hope this helps if u didn't already get it figured out on ur own

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dhinged

Reaction score
I had this problem too, believe it or not, it was pointed out to me that caps lock is still there, u just have to press the shift key twice in succession (2 quick taps on the arrow key) , then u will c a little blue light come on, on the bottom part of the arrow.

Oh I have to tap it twice FAST, which is STUPID. Thanks Motorola for "innovating" something that didn't need innovating.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Does this work on 3rd party launchers? I use t-swipe pro and have yet to get it to work although it gives me the blue arrow as if caps lock is on. TRYING IT ON THE STOCK KEYBOARD DOES WORK, AS YOU CAN SEE BUT I WANT IT TO WORK ON T-SWIPE (SORRY, I'M NOT REALLY HOLLERING, JUST TRYING TO SHOW THAT I CAN GET IT TO WORK WITH STOCK).

OP
R

radon

Reaction score
blake28 said:

That helps! As someone else mentioned, a long press works too. I kinda liked the old way better, but now that I know the double click has to be faster, I can work with it. Thanks for all the replies.

geeman002

Reaction score
I have the same problem - discovered it's still there but tapping twice quickly sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. This is a horrible update - I wish I could go back - the colors are awful (black backgrounds with blue letters).

Congrats on taking something that was good and making it worse !!!!

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I actually prefer the new method. I guess Moto was catering to me again lol. Once I figured out it was still there.

dhinged

Reaction score
I noticed the Galaxy Nexus has the same problem, so it's Google's fault this time. Restricting choice is not an upgrade.