ICS text deletion?

Vog46

Reaction score
Prior to installing ICS I could 'select multiple' texts for deletion.
Did that go away with ICS?
I tend to keep my text messaging "clear" so having to go into each text conversation individually for deletion is a pain in the rump.

Or am I missing something?
OE (operator error) is usually the culprit :biggrin:

Thanks in advance and

Best Regards
Vog

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Just press and hold the thread till a trash can appears at top right corner of the screen, then tap the trash can and like magic the thread is deleted :)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you do a long press then you will see a check mark in the top left corner and it will say 1 selected. After that you can select other messages by tapping on them, then you can hit the trash can to delete them all.

OP
Vog46

Vog46

Reaction score
I knew it!
OE (operator error) strikes again !! :redface::redface:
Thanks everyone

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Always takes awhile to adjust to all the changes when we were just getting used to how things were in GB.

Trash Can

Reaction score
Prior to installing ICS I could 'select multiple' texts for deletion.
Did that go away with ICS?
I tend to keep my text messaging "clear" so having to go into each text conversation individually for deletion is a pain in the rump.

Or am I missing something?

If you do a long press then you will see a check mark in the top left corner and it will say 1 selected. After that you can select other messages by tapping on them, then you can hit the trash can to delete them all.

I had the same question until yesterday. Credit to CaptainSS.

Long press on the top message thread and a message will pop up "1 selected" the lower right corner of that message will have a little arrow indicator, touch that arrow and you will get another pop-up and "Select ALL" will be a new choice. Select that and tap the Trash Can in the top right of the screen and PooF All Gone

Last edited:

altbrian

Reaction score
OK, let us say that I have 100 texts to and from Jenny.
75% of what they say are just a waste of time and space.
I would like to keep the other 25 because they are my witty retorts to something she said.
The logical thing would be to have a 'select multiple' option.
That way I could either select the 25 important messages and 'protect/save' them or select 75 crappy ones and 'delete' those.
I know that I found 'select multiple' before, where is that option now?
Thanks

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Don't think you can select multiple messages from within the same conversation, you have to long press on each one and delete it.

Reaction score
A better alternative in the scenario given (75 junk and 25 keepers) is to long press on the 25 you want to keep and select protect message. After those 25 are protected, you can delete the entire thread, saving the protected messages.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

altbrian

Reaction score
Perhaps I should clarify.
Being able to select, or choose not to select, several messages out of a larger pool seems like it would be a basic function of a smartphone to manage text messages and the storage of them.
In fact, every smartphone I have had, has been able to.
Even the Razr that I have right now used to.
I can't image that the feature to 'select multiple' is not available on the super cool/must have/awesome new O.S. ICE CREAM SANDWICH!!!!
I guess I should ask, did Veriz and Moto rush the ICS update so much that they forgot to put in some basic/ common sense functions?
Should I just be thankful that my phone still rings when someone calls?