RAZR loaded ICS now its a soup sandwich

meotchh

Reaction score
Title says it all.

Since I loaded ICS:
1. Texting became a pain again. If I want to go to a recipient & delete messages I can no longer select multiple messages to delete. It has gone back to delete one or delete all.
2. GPS goes back-n-forth between the old voice & the new voice.
3. GPS voice goes from normal speed voice to suuuuuppppppeeeerrrrr sllllllloooooowwww to super fast & back to normal at random intervals.
4. Screen brightness no longer stays at a comfortable level.
5. If the screen goes to sleep during BT operation the audio automatically adjusts to minimal level.
6. Phone has locked up once following a phone call & I could not power it off, select anything on the screen, perform the pwr/vol dwn reset. After 70 min it decided to go to the startup splash screen for 5 minutes with the eye graphic. It finally restarted on its own after a total of 75 minutes of being frozen.
7. Several APPS stopped working following the upgrade or uhh downgrade to ICS.

I'm considering replacing the phone with a couple cans & some string. Guess I'll have to brush up on my morse code as well for text. This thing is a piece of garbage now. Thank you VZW & MMI!:angry:

Yngwie77

Reaction score
How about flash not working...that's the big one for me...thought a fix would come....i guess not

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jaye712

Reaction score
meotchh said:
Title says it all.

Since I loaded ICS:
1. Texting became a pain again. If I want to go to a recipient & delete messages I can no longer select multiple messages to delete. It has gone back to delete one or delete all.
2. GPS goes back-n-forth between the old voice & the new voice.
3. GPS voice goes from normal speed voice to suuuuuppppppeeeerrrrr sllllllloooooowwww to super fast & back to normal at random intervals.
4. Screen brightness no longer stays at a comfortable level.
5. If the screen goes to sleep during BT operation the audio automatically adjusts to minimal level.
6. Phone has locked up once following a phone call & I could not power it off, select anything on the screen, perform the pwr/vol dwn reset. After 70 min it decided to go to the startup splash screen for 5 minutes with the eye graphic. It finally restarted on its own after a total of 75 minutes of being frozen.
7. Several APPS stopped working following the upgrade or uhh downgrade to ICS.

I'm considering replacing the phone with a couple cans & some string. Guess I'll have to brush up on my morse code as well for text. This thing is a piece of garbage now. Thank you VZW & MMI!:angry:

When ics came along,some of my apps didnt wrk either anymore..buttt,u can try to do the 215 leak if u havent already @mattyp's classroom topic(very easy)...after i did the leak,my apps wrked agian..

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I have to say that i did not have any of the problems mentioned here so far. Some problems I don't have because I have never liked stock apps for things like text or email... they are always lacking so maybe I would have noticed some of those changes if I used stock. I also did not notice much difference between .211 and .215 but my .211 was working great so I am not sure where it could've improved much. Most have seen a huge improvement on .215 though.

The one thing I can say though is that it really is necessary to do a factory data reset. Doing an FDR has solved the problems people were having with ICS. Even if you are considering going to .215, I would highly recommend doing an FDR. Since my og droid going from all the upgrades then finally rooting and romming, I knew that doing an fdr was necessary so I never question it. I can't imagine putting vista on top of xp or windows 7 on top of vista. I did the following guide to help make doing an FDR a little more routine (because I think when upgrading, rooting and romming it should be routine). see:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-help/219101-getting-most-success-upgrading-ics-gb.html

jaye712

Reaction score
I gotta agree with tismydroid..a fdr did a well effin job on my phone,especially after 215...big improvement, i got no complaints what so ever..all tho i am kinna iffy with rooting,nvr tryed,lol,but definitely will try out in the future tho..my only complaint,is with flash but thats another story lol..fdr/215 will improve ur sh*t..no lie lol

Yngwie77

Reaction score
How about the flash problem....does it work for u guys...i did a fdr and it solved everything but the flash problem

jaye712

Reaction score
Yngwie77 said:
How about the flash problem....does it work for u guys...i did a fdr and it solved everything but the flash problem

That topic is all over the forums.. its a thing with adobe not wanting to saport sndroid anymore.too keep it short,google it n ull find out"flash not saporting ics 4.0" ..dnt panic,jst knoe ur not the only one with that issue. I even called Motorola, its a khown problem..

DROIDRAZR ICS215

jaye712

Reaction score
jaye712 said:
That topic is all over the forums.. its a thing with adobe not wanting to saport sndroid anymore.too keep it short,google it n ull find out"flash not saporting ics 4.0" ..dnt panic,jst knoe ur not the only one with that issue. I even called Motorola, its a khown problem..

DROIDRAZR ICS215

Btw.check out flashplayer in the playstore.select more(comments) then check "only for this device"..ull see lol..whatever the bug is,they needa get there head out [of dark places] n fixit .its either flash or moto"s fault.trust,i feel ur pain,its the only reason why i even got this phone in the first place,what a waste of $300/4 down the drain.smh.i couldve used it for fire n then some lmao

DROIDRAZR ICS215

joshxdroid

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
I have to say that i did not have any of the problems mentioned here so far. Some problems I don't have because I have never liked stock apps for things like text or email... they are always lacking so maybe I would have noticed some of those changes if I used stock. I also did not notice much difference between .211 and .215 but my .211 was working great so I am not sure where it could've improved much. Most have seen a huge improvement on .215 Even if you are considering going to .215, I would highly recommend doing an FDR

I have had the same experience with .215 if anything i had less problems with .211. ICS has worked great for me! I would never return to a previous OS. But i agree that an FDR is essential. I've read to many people on this site where the FDR improved their experience from a nightmare to something great.

GPYoung

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
I have to say that i did not have any of the problems mentioned here so far. Some problems I don't have because I have never liked stock apps for things like text or email... they are always lacking so maybe I would have noticed some of those changes if I used stock. I also did not notice much difference between .211 and .215 but my .211 was working great so I am not sure where it could've improved much. Most have seen a huge improvement on .215 though.

The one thing I can say though is that it really is necessary to do a factory data reset. Doing an FDR has solved the problems people were having with ICS. Even if you are considering going to .215, I would highly recommend doing an FDR. Since my og droid going from all the upgrades then finally rooting and romming, I knew that doing an fdr was necessary so I never question it. I can't imagine putting vista on top of xp or windows 7 on top of vista. I did the following guide to help make doing an FDR a little more routine (because I think when upgrading, rooting and romming it should be routine). see:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-help/219101-getting-most-success-upgrading-ics-gb.html

Tis,
What app are you using for text? I am not a fan of the new ICS stock text platform either.....it drives me batty that one can no longer select and delete multiple texts.....

Thanks,
Geoff

GoBears

Reaction score
I use Handcent. Tried all the popular ones and chose it as my sms/mms program of choice. Give it a try, you'll love it.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
GPYoung said:
Tis,
What app are you using for text? I am not a fan of the new ICS stock text platform either.....it drives me batty that one can no longer select and delete multiple texts.....

Thanks,
Geoff

I use Go SMS. It is very similar to handcent and just as popular. Probably the only reason I use Go SMS over handcent is because early on it was the one that did everything I needed so I stuck with it. It could've very easily been the other way around and I would've found myself just as happy with handcent. Take a look at both of them in play store and go for which one appeals to you most. I think you would be very happy with either one of them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Caric

Reaction score
meotchh said:
Title says it all.

Since I loaded ICS:

"You can still chose multiple texts to delete in ICS. Just press and hold the text you want to delete first, at the top of the screen you will see "one message selected", then just start tapping on the other texts that you want to delete. Once all are chosen, tap on the trash can in the top right corner. Has been working for me."

Caric

Reaction score
"You can still chose multiple texts to delete in ICS. Just press and hold the text you want to delete first, at the top of the screen you will see "one message selected", then just start tapping on the other texts that you want to delete. Once all are chosen, tap on the trash can in the top right corner. Has been working for me."

GPYoung

Reaction score
I love go sms.... you can customize nearly everything. I love that you can set up individual signatures for those that you text frequently.

Thanks,
Geoff