ICS Root Tool

rafterman414

Reaction score
Just ran this and everything seems to be working fine. This is my first foray into the rooted phone world so I have some research ahead of me, but superuser seems to be working just fine.

azhummer

Reaction score
sorry to be a pest but say i have to bring back a refurb droid 4 back to verizon, is there a .bat/1-click unroot out there yet? :D

edit: well i dont plan on installing a custom rom (just want to be able to freeze bloatware).. so maybe i just do a hard reset yes?

BrinNutz

Reaction score
sorry to be a pest but say i have to bring back a refurb droid 4 back to verizon, is there a .bat/1-click unroot out there yet? :D

edit: well i dont plan on installing a custom rom (just want to be able to freeze bloatware).. so maybe i just do a hard reset yes?

i wonder the same thing, i have one coming tomorrow as well. i disabled superuser but it is still there ./

DHC8DRV

Reaction score
Tried to root my phone this morning and it is not working. The tool says the following lines:

[*] Waiting for device...
[*] Device found.
[*] Rebooting device...
[*] Waiting for device to reboot...
[*] Rebooting device again...
[*] Waiting for device to reboot...
[*] Attemping persistence...
remount succeeded

Thats where it stops and nothing has changed on the phone. I have Superuser and BusyBox installed (manually from the store) and Titanium Backup (the program I am wanting to use) but it still says that root access is still not availble. Any ideas on what im doing wrong or how to fix this.

OP
orangechoochoo

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Jsnweitzel's Droid4 Utility I think has an unroot option, otherwise use RSDLite to flash stock ICS and then root will be gone.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Actually the ICS tool doesn't have a unroot option. I just tested the unroot that was used on GB and it worked! I will be updating the ICS tool in the next day or two to include this.

italian

Reaction score
how do i root my droid 4 to have cellular service with no Carrier??? is it possible???

snowman

Reaction score
I tried this for a few hours could not get it to work I'd like to root my phone but I really have no idea what I'm doing to do so since I have never done it before
I tried to folloe directions to the t, but no avail.
I have a D-4

I tried the siggma link above

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I tried this for a few hours could not get it to work I'd like to root my phone but I really have no idea what I'm doing to do so since I have never done it before
I tried to folloe directions to the t, but no avail.
I have a D-4

I tried the siggma link above

1.) first install this driver on your pc to allow comunication http://omniimpact.com/android/roms/myfishbear/tools/MotoHelper_2.1.40_Driver_5.5.0.exe
2.) turn on usb debugging in settings / developer options
3.) unzip this and use this tool http://omniimpact.com/android/roms/myfishbear/tools/razrs_edge_windows.zip

Last edited: