ics problems

paintbller01

Reaction score
i recently upgraded to the new ics because it was supposed to be so much better , before "upgrading" there were no major issues phone ran smooth... however after upgrading i cant access full internet sites (only mobile versions), on the task manager i have to hit refresh anywhere from 3 -10 times before it will list my tasks, also the new layout sucks ... basically very unhappy with ics update ... is there any possible way that i can go back to the original andriod version for my phone ... even if it means rooting or whatever ... this phone is smarter than i am ...

acejavelin

Reaction score
Only by going S-OFF, a procedure not to be taken lightly... Note that you should do a factory default after receiving the ICS update, it will make life so much easier.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with Ace...The best thing for you to try would be to factory reset your phone. I know it sucks but it may clear up the issues you're having.

OP
P

paintbller01

Reaction score
thanks for the input i tried a reset under settings did not help :( how do you do s off ?

acejavelin

Reaction score
thanks for the input i tried a reset under settings did not help :( how do you do s off ?
What do you mean it didn't help? You are still having all the same troubles? This seems very unlikely... did you lose everything in your phone and have to setup everything new again?

I am very leery to hand out directions to S-OFF your phone, it is entirely possible to brick your device if done incorrectly and requires using a wire to physically short contacts on the back of the phone in conjunction with software commands... it is not a simple thing and will void your warranty. If you want to learn more look here: S-off is Official!!! With Instructions... - xda-developers although it seems the video of doing the "wire trick" has been removed but you can try this one

[video=youtube;KbX6pT4qox0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbX6pT4qox0[/video].

http://unlimited.io/ has more information as well.

Even if you go back to Gingerbread, unless you are willing to ROOT and modify your ROM, you will be prompted again to download the ICS update, and if you reject it it will just keep popping up periodically. Basically I am saying once VZW/HTC decided that we were getting ICS, we are going to get it one way or another... Remember this phone was designed for ICS, and Gingerbread was just a kludge that kept the phone partially crippled until the official ICS was released.

I would suggest getting used to the new layout and features, and addresses each of your issues independently, thousands of us have gone through it and came out being happier with the Rezound in the end, so I recommend trying to do the same unless you are very techie and willing to go way outside the box.

Last edited:
OP
P

paintbller01

Reaction score
probably be a lot more simple if i were to smash my phone into a thousand pieces pay the phone insurance 50 bucks get a new phone and keep ignoring the update right ?

OP
P

paintbller01

Reaction score
my main thing is the internet that came on the phone forces me to mobile versions of sites and if you download a different internet browser other than what came on the phone from the market a lot of the times when you get full internet sites a bunch of links and videos dont work

acejavelin

Reaction score
OK, now we are getting to the root of the issue. The stock browser and Chrome (the most popular alternative) no longer support Flash even if you have it installed. Make sure you have Adobe Flash Player installed (check Settings-Apps and scroll down) if not you can try to install it from the Play Store but most likely will have to find it at an alternative site and "side-load" it in, then you need a browser that is compatible with Flash, consider Maxthon, Dolphin, Boat, Opera, FireFox, or whatever suits your fancy.

jjmstang

Reaction score
paint, have you tried checking the settings in the stock android browser ?
If you want the full website and not the mobile make sure "View desktop site " button is checked and you might have to constantly re-check this box also

OP
P

paintbller01

Reaction score
That's kinda strange why they don't offer flash anymore ... Is that to force you to buy there laptop or notebook to
go to full sites ?

acejavelin

Reaction score
That's kinda strange why they don't offer flash anymore ... Is that to force you to buy there laptop or notebook to
go to full sites ?
No, it is just the nature of the Internet, Flash is just slowing going away in favor of HTML5, just like Windows Messenger is "expiring" and moving to Skype... Although I think Adobe pulled the plug on Flash for Android kinda early, it is what it is... I think within two years Flash with be an extreme rarity rather than the norm.

OP
P

paintbller01

Reaction score
Agreed they should have both supported tho .... Need to get a mass amount to complain to droid HTC or whoever is head of operating for support for flash and the new style so this issue is fixed ... Was beginning to think that it was not a issue for a lot of people for thos problem ... That puts mobile users without a computer down for a good while

acejavelin

Reaction score
Agreed they should have both supported tho .... Need to get a mass amount to complain to droid HTC or whoever is head of operating for support for flash and the new style so this issue is fixed ... Was beginning to think that it was not a issue for a lot of people for thos problem ... That puts mobile users without a computer down for a good while
This is not about HTC, Verizon, Apple, Microsoft, or whoever you want to complain too... for better or worse it is Adobe's business plan and complaining won't help since everyone knows it is going away and has been planning on it for almost two years since it was announced in 2010. Remember the iPhone has never had and never will get Adobe Flash, and all the larger Flash developers and providors (Netflix, Hulu, etc) have plans in place to are moving away from Flash, Adobe has tools to "port/convert" (bad terminology but best I can come up with) Flash code to HTML5, it is all part of the process. If you want to complain, let the Flash CONTENT providors know you want them to speed up the process of offering HTML5 (or whatever their next step is) to us.

Here is a place to start if you want to find out more: Why Adobe Really Dropped Their Mobile Flash Support

Last edited:
OP
P

paintbller01

Reaction score
thinkin bout it ... warrenty is almost up ... i wanna go back to gb until the bugs on ics are worked out which my understanding could be a while ... so do you know of a site that has instuctions of what i have to do to root s-off flash roms and the order which to do these things in

acejavelin

Reaction score
Again, not a step to be taken lightly, but here ya go: Unlimited.IO and follow the instructions TO THE LETTER!!!

Note that I have not done this, but unlimited.io is considered the "standard" authority for S-OFFing any HTC device.

Good luck!!!