ics problems (razr maxx)

poluhbear

Reaction score
Seeing as I have a razr maxx and this problem occurred on my maxx and i haven't seen a post anywhere else about the problems I figured I'd put it here and if it needs moved sry for the inconvenience. If anyone else finds any problems and fixes Mby post em here too.

Problem: after the ics update was all done I decided to try music or videos and i was a bit worried to find after the update that I had no sound... Ringer and media were both on max volume but still no sound.

Solution: a quick reboot of device restored sound.

Other thoughts: Mby this was needed cause upon reboot it poped up saying "android updating" even tho you'd figure the device woulda auto reset on its own after update... Also maybe it's just me, but since the update my volume (once it strtd wrking) seems ALOT louder or at least clearer.

If i find anymore problems and possible solutions ill update if this thread is still here lol.

Last edited:

2jjordan12

Reaction score
I haven't had any sound issues but with my Netflix app the veiwing quality is terrible it went from crystal clear to fuzzy....I tried uninstalling didn't work went to the website and changed my quality settings didn't work...I don't know what else to do I love my Netflix

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Glad you were able to get the sound and up and going again.

You probably didn't see any posts because all of the ICS-related discussions are taking place here: Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion

If you come straight into the MAXX forum, that forum isn't particularly obvious because it's a subforum of the RAZR section. I think they decided to put it there since pretty much anything about the RAZR and ICS will also apply to the MAXX ICS.

OP
P

poluhbear

Reaction score
Ah ok thanks. I haven't tried netflix yet, but my pictures do seem a lil foggy before you click on them. Guess I'll move over to the suggested thread tho now. Thx

ashleymaried

Reaction score
I too have found that my volume is SUPER loud! I have it on the very lowest setting and it is WAY too loud! There is no quiet! Any way to fix this??

cbroussard99

Reaction score
I am having all kinds of issues. My sound for the lock screen doesnt work. I barely hear people on the phone. Its a mess. I just got My Maxx last month and after the 14 day return is up the problems started. I kinda wish ICS would have left the option to control all sounds to the level of the ringertone, but O'well.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Cbroussard, you might try a factory reset, just don't wipe the internal sdcard, see if that helps :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I too have found that my volume is SUPER loud! I have it on the very lowest setting and it is WAY too loud! There is no quiet! Any way to fix this??

Hello and welcome to the forum ashleymaried.... so... are ya maried??? :p anyhow... please remember to make an introduction thread so we can officially welcome you. :cool:

cbroussard99

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Cbroussard, you might try a factory reset, just don't wipe the internal sdcard, see if that helps :)

I've done that three times to no avail..

bocabean

Reaction score
I discovered a sound issue today on my Maxx, using Pandora. Set up a new station and then there was no sound. If I switched to a different station, the sound was there, but not when I went back to the new station. Is there any type of technology platform (smartphone, computer, etc.) where the solution doesn't always inevitably end up being to "reboot"? Imagine if humans had to reboot? I wonder if we would be better or worse off?

OP
P

poluhbear

Reaction score
Something that puzzled me yesterday was when I turned on slacker radio there was no sound... So I turned it off then back on n still no sound. Media volume was all the way up. Turned app off again. Had to turn my actual phone volume all the way up. Started app n it has sound... But today I set phone to silent and the app player just fine and super loud. Hrm. Glitch or something... I'm also having problems with the phone itself "hanging" after I back out of almost any app n it taking longer than normal to load home or any other screen I backed out onto.

searedtofu

Reaction score
ICS wont install :(

hello....so i tried 2x to install ics on razr maxx to no avail. Can anyone help? thanks