ICS OTA Bugs!

Snoking

Reaction score
Or settings and then touch "mobile network" And you get this screen!

Last edited:

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
So far I have no issues with Ics!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
S

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Setting everything back up sucks but at least the stuff that was happening before has disappeared so that's good. What I don't understand is on some apps that save data to the SD card...create their own folder...don't even recognize when you reinstall the app. I was using a mileage tracker and for some reason it won't import the data that was saved. Grrr...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I am not familiar with goBackup but is it possible you can recover your mileage info from that program?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

acejavelin

Reaction score
Don't you want Wifi on while sleeping to conserve power? Sorry isn't the best option to have Wifi on while the screen is off?
Kinda depends... Assuming good-excellent signal on all signals types, 4G definitely uses more power than WiFi, but 3G vs WiFi is a different story, if your WiFi signal is weak it can suck battery more than 4G... So the answer depends on your situation.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't you want Wifi on while sleeping to conserve power? Sorry isn't the best option to have Wifi on while the screen is off?

I have a data network widget to keep the 4g/3g data network off unless I want it on. Setting the wifi to never is a real bonus for me because it instantly reconnects to wifi when I wake the phone, unlike the GB method of taking a good 15 seconds to reconnect . Basically, unless I choose otherwise , my data radios are off when the phone is asleep. That should help with battery life overall. Since my 4g connects in about 2 seconds and now my wifi even faster I'm starting to think ics was worth the wait. Other than battery savings I really didn't give a hoot if it ever updated.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
S

svdroiddude

Reaction score
THANKFULLY after the factory reset the battery life improved a great deal last night when idle. Only dropped about 12% in about 5+ hours! And that included about 30 minutes of watching a program on the Xfinity app.

My advice (which was given to me on more than one occasion) is to do a factory reset after any big update. Don't rely entirely on any backup app either...they may help somewhat but cannot catch everything...which I am finding out.

trackman1

Reaction score
quick questions?...how do you do a factory reset??.... and do you do it after OTA is D/L....thanks

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
THANKFULLY after the factory reset the battery life improved a great deal last night when idle. Only dropped about 12% in about 5+ hours! And that included about 30 minutes of watching a program on the Xfinity app.

My advice (which was given to me on more than one occasion) is to do a factory reset after any big update. Don't rely entirely on any backup app either...they may help somewhat but cannot catch everything...which I am finding out.

I've found a few soft resets does the same thing and I don't have to set my stuff back up after.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

zxd9

Reaction score
Having an issue where text message arrival makes no audible notification. Anyone else have this? Notification volume is all the way up and I've tried several different sounds.

Kelbee

Reaction score
So far my only problem was screen rotation. It wouldn't go into landscape for anything. Very irritating when texting. A soft reset took care of that problem.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Yeah, so far I have seen no reason to update from the .5 leak. None of the newer leaks or even the OTA are adding anything I need or want, and they seem to be adding a few bugs I don't have.

Guess I will wait for the 4.0.4 release...or JB.