ICS OTA Bugs!

Snoking

Reaction score
svdroiddude said:
Do you use a "battery saver"? I don't have that much running in the background....Gmail is the only push I have. Other e-mail is set to check every 30 minutes. Hmmm. Maybe the screen turned on by itself and didn't shut off till the battery ran out. These battery issues are a pain!!!

No BSer. VZW extended batt.

OP
S

svdroiddude

Reaction score
No BSer. VZW extended batt.

That is a bandaide solution to a big problem. So instead of my battery dying in 5 hrs while doing nothing it will die in 8. Still unacceptable in my book. I just downloaded Battery Defender where it will put the phone in sleep mode at night. Supposed to be better than Juice Defender.

I can deal with the battery draining fast during the day....I'm usually close to a power, but at night it shouldn't lose 20% per hour!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it me or is the charging time a lot longer with ICS then before?

I plugged mine in at bed time, got up 7 hours later, it was charged. Same with GB :D

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Snoking

Reaction score
svdroiddude said:
That is a bandaide solution to a big problem. So instead of my battery dying in 5 hrs while doing nothing it will die in 8. Still unacceptable in my book. I just downloaded Battery Defender where it will put the phone in sleep mode at night. Supposed to be better than Juice Defender.

I can deal with the battery draining fast during the day....I'm usually close to a power, but at night it shouldn't lose 20% per hour!

I have no big problem. Leave it in 4G, email and contacts sync"ing! Ran more then 24 hours with GB. Will be checking on ICS. No social networking active.

Taco

Reaction score
Since I've updated I've noticed the following:

1. I can't find 4g toggle settings anywhere and *#*#4636#*#* no longer works.
2. My phone won't recognize my car charger anymore until I manually press the power button, then its ok.
3. Animation speeds are very sluggish. Any settings for this?

Sent From A Taco Bell Drive-Thru.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1 tap settings, tap the data network icon, settings are there. I still use lteonoff but it looks totally different now
2 Dunno
3 settings, developer options, scroll down to animations, change there.
Hope that helps

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

OP
S

svdroiddude

Reaction score
If I let my phone sit for a bit, it drops wifi and goes to 4G....which I am sure is a big part of the battery drain. If I am lucky I can toggle airplane mode to get wifi back on, but lately I need to reboot in order for it to return.

I will be doing a factory reset this weekend...too many bugs and big ones. I know this isn't what people want to do but it worked when I upgraded from Froyo to GB on my DX. What is the best way to reset? I think there is an option in the settings now, or do you have to do it the multi button push method?

Taco

Reaction score
1 tap settings, tap the data network icon, settings are there. I still use lteonoff but it looks totally different now
2 Dunno
3 settings, developer options, scroll down to animations, change there.
Hope that helps

Support Our Troops!!!
<

Ok I never would have found those network settings ... I thought pressing there would toggle network on/off .. Doh!

acejavelin

Reaction score
If I let my phone sit for a bit, it drops wifi and goes to 4G....which I am sure is a big part of the battery drain. If I am lucky I can toggle airplane mode to get wifi back on, but lately I need to reboot in order for it to return.

I will be doing a factory reset this weekend...too many bugs and big ones. I know this isn't what people want to do but it worked when I upgraded from Froyo to GB on my DX. What is the best way to reset? I think there is an option in the settings now, or do you have to do it the multi button push method?
You are going into WiFi sleep mode... Go to Settings -> WiFi -> Advanced (tap menu button to see this option) -> "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" and change to Never (read it as "When the screen if off, WiFi will automatically disable <option> and go back to mobile data")

OP
S

svdroiddude

Reaction score
You are going into WiFi sleep mode... Go to Settings -> WiFi -> Advanced (tap menu button to see this option) -> "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" and change to Never (read it as "When the screen if off, WiFi will automatically disable <option> and go back to mobile data")

Ahhh....thank you! I decided to do the factory reset just to get a clean start. Not much fun restoring everything....I hope GoBackup does most of the work!

trackman1

Reaction score
just curious so which seems to be better the OTA or the leaked release???....thanks

PatG

Reaction score
acejavelin said:

Don't you want Wifi on while sleeping to conserve power? Sorry isn't the best option to have Wifi on while the screen is off?

VooDooCC

Reaction score
My battery was pretty drained earlier, so I turned it is and let it charge to full. The drain and about the same if not a bit worse.
The bigger issues are I seem to be getting intermittent screen lag after it turns off. And some things, noticed it the worst on super stickman golf, are ridiculously slow...my droid 2 ran it smoother.

HowardZ

Reaction score
Since I've updated I've noticed the following:

1. I can't find 4g toggle settings anywhere and *#*#4636#*#* no longer works.
2. My phone won't recognize my car charger anymore until I manually press the power button, then its ok.
3. Animation speeds are very sluggish. Any settings for this?

You can access the 4636 menu and other things with the app called HZutils.