ICS OTA Bugs!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it me or are the fonts smaller on just about everything, especially the status bar? Holy Toledo,I can't read the stuff on the status bar anymore.
Swype is way small also.
4610f321-3bc2-5ca3.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Whoa what happened to your keyboard?
What else is broke.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

king72a

Reaction score
Anybody else getting a "Facebook authentication failed" message after boot up? I've tried installing updates and battery pull. Any other recommendations?

oakdale_mike

Reaction score
Anybody else getting a "Facebook authentication failed" message after boot up? I've tried installing updates and battery pull. Any other recommendations?

Not me! Yesterday, anytime I touched the Facebook icon my 4G indicator went out immediately. Now, with OTS ICS, I'm watching slingplayer on my laptop connected to my Rezound's WiFi hotspot and browsing Facebook at warp speed. It may not last, but right now I'm euphoric.

Snoking

Reaction score
So on ICS where do you turn off data roaming while travel?

On edit, "4G toggle" takes me to a screen to change several features including data roaming.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whoa what happened to your keyboard?
What else is broke.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

My lteinoff app no longer works, keeps going to built in data network changer AND keeps reverting back to auto instead of LTE/CDMA. At first I thought it might just revert on boot up but it does it at random.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Snoking

Reaction score
oakdale_mike said:
Not me! Yesterday, anytime I touched the Facebook icon my 4G indicator went out immediately. Now, with OTS ICS, I'm watching slingplayer on my laptop connected to my Rezound's WiFi hotspot and browsing Facebook at warp speed. It may not last, but right now I'm euphoric.

Are you rooted or paying for WiFi hotspot?

Last edited:
OP
S

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Day 2 with ICS. Noticed yesterday that my wifi would stop working and the only way to get it going again was to reboot. Hope that issue goes away. Video and audio works very well....same as GB pretty much.

I have to say though that so far battery life is abysmal.:icon_evil: Not being able to have phone go into sleep mode really sucks. With the phone not in use while I slept it ran out of juice in about 4-5 hours. Before that I watched about 25 minutes of a show on Xfinity...which drained it from 100% to 65%. I then shut that off and went to bed. Woke up and battery died. Checked the graph and it was a steep slope all the way to dead....with the screen OFF.

Any ideas without having to shut my phone off or put it on the charger over night....or switch to Airplane mode? That really sucks they got ride of the power saver!!

Snoking

Reaction score
I used about 10 percent in 6.5 hours while I was asleep. I was at 100 percent 9 hours ago and 83 now. Little use. Going to run it down and charge with phone off. So far I have it looking just like gb. Do not see much difference!

Last edited:
OP
S

svdroiddude

Reaction score
I used about 10 percent in 6.5 hour while I was asleep. I was at 100 percent 9 hours ago and 83 now. Little use. Going to run it down and charge with phone off. So far I have it looking just like gb. Do not see much difference!

Do you use a "battery saver"? I don't have that much running in the background....Gmail is the only push I have. Other e-mail is set to check every 30 minutes. Hmmm. Maybe the screen turned on by itself and didn't shut off till the battery ran out. These battery issues are a pain!!!

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I have to say though that so far battery life is abysmal.:icon_evil:

Wow, there are people that do not have the extended battery still?

I have gone 24 hours between charges before. I am on the ICS leak ending in .5.

nikecar

Reaction score
Wow, there are people that do not have the extended battery still?

I have gone 24 hours between charges before. I am on the ICS leak ending in .5.
i have a case that doesn't fit the Extended. i'm not about to buy another case, now want the added bulk of the Defender series. I'd just rather buy an extra battery

gerrya

Reaction score
I just noticed when I go to stock camera then go to gallery to view pics the screen will dim to lowest setting, only way to get it back is to go back to camera or adjust brightness in display settings? Tried reboot and battery pull, still happens.
**Just figured out that even though my brightness was in auto, when it wasnt, the slider was all the way dim. I moved the slider to the middle, went back to auto and it doesnt seem to happen or Im not noticing it.

Last edited:

PatG

Reaction score
Is it me or is the charging time a lot longer with ICS then before?

gerrya

Reaction score
I didn't time it, but it did seem to hang at 99% for a very long time. Before update it seemed to take 2.5 hours whether it was at 5% or 70%