ICS has major problem

tituswife

Reaction score
HTC is aware, and yet sent it out to us anyway. Volume for ringer and notifications is combined! Major problem for us - we need silence for my husband's strange hours. Have to have ringer to get his call. Need silence otherwise.

Used Quick Settings app previously. It can't get around the phone hardware.

Any suggestions? (Except rooting.)

Thank you

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Google (for some unknown reason) introduced that with ICS ... I have NO idea why they thought this was a good idea! This is still present in AOSP JB too. Only way around it I know of is root/custom ROM. Sorry, I know that's not the answer you were looking for

Makin' my Notes ...

Last edited:
OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
I tried to record silence, and set that as notification. Will set as ringtone, not notification.

Found NCIS Thud ringtone. For some reason, it is not just very quiet, but can't here it at all. Sure hope it works when it needs to.

Also, can't toggle between keyboards in an app. Not as important, but annoying. Hoping battery and network improve.

Thanks for your help.

evereddie

Reaction score
When I first lanched my sound manager after the update it told me where to go to unlink the ring from notifications. I don't rememeber where that was now. I remember seeing this setting even under the old OS.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
I downloaded Sound Manager 2. It doesn't want to override the phone settings.

Thank you, anyway.