ICS has caused major battery drain

Brostrom4

Reaction score
Little late to the discussion here, but thought i'd add in my two cents. I installed the .215 leak thinking it would be better...but it seems to have made it worse for me too. Phone dies pretty quickly, and drains fast. Im going to try going back to .211. But I am seriously sick of having to always charge...I want to upgrade to the galaxy note 2 or droid razr maxx hd, simply because both phones have over 3100mah capacity.

OP
H

helron

Reaction score
Update with ICS 215 leak. OK, as said earlier, here's the deal:
ICS pushed in summer-results were horrid banter drain.
Calibrated battery as per FoxKat guide-still horrid drain.
Installed 215, worse battery drain.
Finally, did full FDR, worse battery loss of all time!
Calibrated battery AGAIN as per FoxKat guide-results ARE VERY GOOD so far.
****Help in this forum are exceptional! I thank each person who helped and read my pleas and rants****
Thanks Foxcat, 'Tis, and Josh! Hope my,posts help others who face similar issues. Gobbel Gobble, enjoy!

FDR w215' horrid batterybres

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow, that's super...so glad we were finally able to get some success. Hooray, that's really good news.

OP
H

helron

Reaction score
Day 2: Fully calibrated after FDR using 215. Battery at 22 hrs =50%!!! WOW! biggest drain is DISPLAY. Why? It's set to low brightness, and not used so often. Talking on phone set to go black, phone on 2 minute black out, but I awlays shut it. Very strange. But, hey! Lots better than before!:biggrin:
Now running videos over wifi so that I can quickly drain battery to do final 2nd battery calibration after FDR.
Hope that goes well! Will keep u posted!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
That sounds like what it should be. And yes, even on low brightness, your display should be the greatest percentage of drain. Generally, if something shows higher than the display, than that would be something that is major sucking more battery than it should. My display has always been on the top.

OP
H

helron

Reaction score
Update 2: Today, i let recalibrated battery drain quickly. whilephone was at 50%, I ran a video (for an hour via 4g) and phone dropped to 18 %. just love that 4G!! UGH!
Well, now doing 2nd calibration, and will psot results. This should be it for calibrations, right? I hope so. If not, the phome will soon be used as a doorstop to hold open the door for Tom Turkey!
All joking aside, I really hope this works:biggrin: Will let u know...
Oh! 'Tis: Like you, my battery has always shown the DISPLAY (no matter what the setting) as the biggest battery drain.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, after this charge to 100%, you are good to go...just use and charge as you normally would. It sounds like this will be the ticket.

OP
H

helron

Reaction score
GOOD NEWS! Battery:

215 leak installed
FDR
Horrid battery performance
2 Battery Calibrations (see how in thread)
BATTERY IS GREAT!
if u have a problem, do what I did!
Thanks, again!

Raydee35

Reaction score
Yep mine was terrible after the update and one battery calibration was all my phone needed. I didn't even end up having to do a data reset.

superrazer

Reaction score
Razr to Razr

I see the same thing with my report on battery. I think it's the Super Amoled (I don't know how to spell it) screen that does it. I don't know why. My android OS takes up very little battery and so does everything else. The screen is a power glutton on the battery I guess.

jellyhead

Reaction score
I'm also having trouble with battery drain. I don't know If a FDR is necessary in my case because of the steps I had to take for the update to install on my phone. The update kept failing so I had to do a FDR to even get the update to install. Since I reset before the update, is a reset still needed after updating? My battery drain isn't bad but if im using a web browser I may only get 4hrs or so. If I just take calls and text moderately it will last all day.