ICS has caused major battery drain

OP
H

helron

Reaction score
Thanks...do u think I should delete both cards. Can there be crap on there that may screw me up later on down the road? thx!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
helron said:
Thanks...do u think I should delete both cards. Can there be crap on there that may screw me up later on down the road? thx!

I wouldn't just yet. There should not be a problem. I will occasionally copy my entire cards to pc and reformat cards and selectively restore, just to clean them up...but I always do that when I can take time to know exactly what I need to restore, etc.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Answer to all your questions is yes. Clear cache, factory restore, do battery meter training, and all will be good. Discussion of these steps is there in the same thread.

Good luck! :p

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Raydee35

Reaction score
My battery drain is also horrible right now and I am dying to do the update BUT everytime I update and have to do a factory reset I lose to much stuff that I need. Is there a way to back up EVERYTHING and put them back in after the reset. By everything I mean all my text messages, sticky notes that I have on my phone and homescreen settings?

*EDIT* I forgot to mention that I do have Titanium Backup Pro that I forgot about, will that do everything I need?

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes TiBu if you are rooted or

Yes, go to the link in post # 13 of this thread.

Last edited:

Raydee35

Reaction score
Thanks I am going to try the update now and then do a factory reset after.

OP
H

helron

Reaction score
TismyDroid and FoxCAT-
Thanks for the help. BUT>>> phone was set to factory reset, and full battery. Now, from 0700 hrs -1000hrs, with WIFI on for appx 1 hour. Screen reports 75% usage and that's crazy because I only used the phone for 15-20 minutes. Will let battery drain and calibrate, and cross my fingers, and keep u posted.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'll cross my fingers with you. Charge to 100% with phone off, then use to low battery warning, then charge to 100% with phone off again. Hopefully that will be the final step to getting decent battery.

OP
H

helron

Reaction score
I'll cross my fingers with you. Charge to 100% with phone off, then use to low battery warning, then charge to 100% with phone off again. Hopefully that will be the final step to getting decent battery.

Will do battery calibration, but I am losing hope. Phone sat on desk, and was used to text and reply to one message, sine last post. Batter now at 50 percent, since full charge at 1000 hrs. That 5Hr 15 min and already lost 50 percent of battery. All was so much better before ICS. I actually hate a phone I liked so much. My sister and niece just for Samusung S3, they use the hell out of it and the battery is a charm. UGH! I have another year to go on my contract,

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
For me.215 helped but it wasn't amazing. My major battery draw seems to be 4G. When at home on WiFi I get 24 hours easily, but at work I barely get 10 hours.
The other issue is data drops, before ICS the hand off from 4G to 3G to WiFi was seamless, but now I have to cycle wifi on and off to force the phone to connect to 4G. Last night I lost data twice.

Grumble, grumble stupid OTA updates!

OP
H

helron

Reaction score
Gingerbread 4G was bad and IVS 4g is worse. I rarely use it because od the drain. But, now, even with 215 update, everything kills the battery, even WIFI. My old iTouch holds battery on wifi for a week! This is crazy. Just heard that Android 4.4 for tablets is causing similar issues on those devices. A 400 dollar phone should come with a rocket launcher instead od an on board Dying battery. I also did FoxKats battery calibration several times. Will do it again tonight but doubt it will solve my problem.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Looking good! :D

OP
H

helron

Reaction score
After every OTA update, there seems to be an excessive battery drain for quite some time. Then, the phone sorta adjusts itself to become more normal over time.
Apparently, the problem plagues iOS as well: iOS6 bad for iPad3?

RFD on iCS space 215 results were as I posted. L My battery really drained during the day -within a few hours I was down to 50 percent. After it hit .50 I turned brigntness up, wifi on, the 4g then both. The drain after .50 oddly very slow! very weird! This morni f phone was at .20 with all being running! Did a FoxKat battery charge and let's see what happens. UGH,