ICS Battery life

aarong03

Reaction score
Aarong, I have no idea if this will work but it does solve most problems when an app is not behaving the way it is supposed to... but try clearing cache in the play store app's setting. See if that fixes the problem. If not, then go back to play store app settings and clear data. You will have to log back into play store but I have a feeling that may work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
Thanks, I will look into this.

aarong03

Reaction score
Aarong, I have no idea if this will work but it does solve most problems when an app is not behaving the way it is supposed to... but try clearing cache in the play store app's setting. See if that fixes the problem. If not, then go back to play store app settings and clear data. You will have to log back into play store but I have a feeling that may work.

Ok, I did what mentioned and now it shows up under my apps. IT never did that before, but it still says across the top not compatitable with the razr. I've emailed the developer, and awaiting a response. I will let you know what he thinks the problem is. :cus:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Aarong, I apologize. I thought you we referring to juice defender as the app not compatible with your razr. I did not realize you were referring to CPU sleeper. It also says that it is not compatible with my razr because it was not designed for our kind of processors, although if you read further in the app description, it states it may work on other devices.

In addition, that app will only work if you are rooted. So unless you are rooted, it is not an app I would try. If you are rooted, then you could try it. It appears it has worked for some on their Razrs.

aarong03

Reaction score
Aarong, I apologize. I thought you we referring to juice defender as the app not compatible with your razr. I did not realize you were referring to CPU sleeper. It also says that it is not compatible with my razr because it was not designed for our kind of processors, although if you read further in the app description, it states it may work on other devices.

In addition, that app will only work if you are rooted. So unless you are rooted, it is not an app I would try. If you are rooted, then you could try it. It appears it has worked for some on their Razrs.

No problem, I'm rooted, but it still tells me it's not compatible with my maxx. No biggie. I'll see what the developer says, maybe he'll fix it.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Well aarong, if you are rooted then I would try it. It obviously works for some on their Razrs. There are many apps that are not considered compatible for a certain device but will be often used on that device. worth a try.

aarong03

Reaction score
Well aarong, if you are rooted then I would try it. It obviously works for some on their Razrs. There are many apps that are not considered compatible for a certain device but will be often used on that device. worth a try.

Well, I would but it won't even let me install it. Right where install/uninstall would be it says, this is not compatible with your device.

aarong03

Reaction score

I'm hoping the developer will respond to my email. And come up with a fix.

lance71e

Reaction score
It's a wonderful, wonderful life...for me at least! Screenshot_2012-08-24-19-37-58.pngScreenshot_2012-08-24-19-38-06.pngScreenshot_2012-08-24-19-38-14.pngScreenshot_2012-08-24-19-38-25.png

i can read

Reaction score
Is everyone getting horrible battery life after the update? Mine had been off the charger 2 and a half hours and down to 60%. On mine the operating system is taking over 60% of the usage. What ifs everyone else getting? What can i do to improve it? I have taken background syncing off what else can i do?

jhom

Reaction score
Give it a day or so to settle in. My battery life is as good as with GB or even better. I am using several Smart Actions to help conserve battery use.

quadtronix

Reaction score
My battery life seems to have decreased a little bit but not much... I have my extended battery in.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

shieldsdb

Reaction score
I think my battery life is worse than it was with GB. Google maps was taking 35 percent or so, turned off google location to stop that. Now the os is taking well over 60 percent. Unplugged my phone at 0730, i had 10 percent at noon. My usage has been VERY light today. Totally unacceptable.

intmd8r

Reaction score
My battery life also seems to be decreased, but it's only the first day after updating, so I'm not that worried about it yet. I figure if in a week, I'm still seeing significantly less battery life, I will have to figure something out.

In the meantime, since I'm new to Smart Actions, does anyone have any advice for some good battery-saving actions to set up? :biggrin:

shieldsdb

Reaction score
Scratch that, its not the os using all my power, its the gps. The icons are similar. The os is only using 4%.