ICS Battery life

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
adwohc said:
ICS upgrade had limited my battery time...I will try LTE on/off and hope it improves. I wake up and my battery is almost dead?

Adwohc, check to make sure your phone's data is not set to global... which will drain your battery quicker than a speeding bullet. Settings---> more...--->mobile networks--->network mode... set to LTE/CDMA.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Squeak87 said:
I like the idea of having the data turned off when the screen is off, however, when I do that it will not let any text messages through. Not sure why because messaging isn't supposed to use data unless its MMS.

(Droid Razr Maxx <<ICS .215>>)

You are right, squeak, that should not happen. Very odd. Check with Verizon... make sure they don't have something wrong with your plan. I have no idea why you would not get texts without data. It is supposed to come thru on your phone signal. That's just plain not fair.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Oh, that is super. Wow, now you can actually use your phone and save data like you should! Thanks for the info. It will come in very handy if someone else has that problem.

aarong03

Reaction score
I use Juice Defender to turn off data when the screen is off, and at night I use it to force disable mobile data entirely. I also use CPU Sleeper. When I wake up, I've generally lost between 4 - 5% of the battery.
The play market tells me it's not compatible with my Maxx. How do you get it to work on your maxx?

adwohc

Reaction score
LTE on off / 2 x Battery

The play market tells me it's not compatible with my Maxx. How do you get it to work on your maxx?

I'm using both LTE and 2 X installed now. I think that is OK but won't know much until a few days go by. I will try Juice 'defender and CPu Sleeper....can I have all four going...seems like they would conflict or use more battery ?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
aarong03 said:

It should be compatible with your Maxx. I was using JD but thought I would test out Smart Actions. AS has done great with only 2 set up... Battery Extender & Low Battery. I had Nighttime Extender but I never get the opportunity to sleep regular hours every night and battery extender was almost doing the same job, so I got rid of it. The one big thing I like about SA over JD is that it took JD a lot longer to re-start my Wi-Fi or data when I woke the screen but SA does it instantly. There are limitations to SA but serves my purposes well.

adwohc

Reaction score
Thanks a lot...I'll try those too..I appreciate it..

It should be compatible with your Maxx. I was using JD but thought I would test out Smart Actions. AS has done great with only 2 set up... Battery Extender & Low Battery. I had Nighttime Extender but I never get the opportunity to sleep regular hours every night and battery extender was almost doing the same job, so I got rid of it. The one big thing I like about SA over JD is that it took JD a lot longer to re-start my Wi-Fi or data when I woke the screen but SA does it instantly. There are limitations to SA but serves my purposes well.

thrgk

Reaction score
I'm on a custom rom so there is no sa what app can do the same..? Turn of auto sync and data when phone off and sleep schedule and stuff..? I unless I can get sa somehow ty

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

adwohc

Reaction score
Auto sync

Wow..that could be why...makes sense as I just recently turned that on. Thanks

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
adwohc said:
Thanks a lot...I'll try those too..I appreciate it..

Oops, my typo may have confused this. Smart Actions (SA) has battery saving profiles already set up that you can choose. The most common SA profile is Battery Extender which is very similar to Juice Defender's balanced profile. SA also has a nighttime battery profile, a low battery saver profile and a bunch of others.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are running a non Blur rom, that could be why the market says CPU Sleeper is incompatible

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Aarong, I have no idea if this will work but it does solve most problems when an app is not behaving the way it is supposed to... but try clearing cache in the play store app's setting. See if that fixes the problem. If not, then go back to play store app settings and clear data. You will have to log back into play store but I have a feeling that may work.