Icons at bottom of phone not lit up

badddstang

Reaction score
The 4 icons (menu, home, back, and search) are not lit up on my phone. Is there a way to control the lights?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They only come on related to the ambient light sensor. If it's bright in the room, or there is natural light, they won't come on.

edstewbob

Reaction score
I have a similar problem. Sometimes they come on and other times they turn off which makes it difficult to see them when needed. I turned off auto brightness and it makes no difference. For me they seem to turn off randomly and it is very annoying. This happens on both mine and my wife's RAZR.

stosh

Reaction score
Light wont come on

I have a similar problem. Sometimes they come on and other times they turn off which makes it difficult to see them when needed. I turned off auto brightness and it makes no difference. For me they seem to turn off randomly and it is very annoying. This happens on both mine and my wife's RAZR.

There is a light sensor eye near the top of your phone, just below the Motorola nameplate and to the left. If you cover it with your finger the bottom icons will light up.

stosh

Reaction score
The 4 icons (menu, home, back, and search) are not lit up on my phone. Is there a way to control the lights?

There is a light sensor eye near the top of your phone, just below the Motorola nameplate and to the left. If you cover it with your finger the bottom icons will light up.

stosh

Reaction score

crashN2u

Reaction score
It will occasionally hiccup and need a restart. I never turn off my phone, so when it happens, I restart and it works fine again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums