Ice Cream Sandwich officially announced!!!

sqchram

Reaction score
Ya it looks like they ears would melt / get crushed by the packaging really easily - and how are the arms and head attached? Just by the ice-cream filling? Those will break off really easily if not sandwiched with sandwich.

bplewis24

Reaction score
Lol. Maybe so.
I mean, ice cream is nice.
but is it important?

It's very important. While Froyo has some natural dual-core support built into the kernel, but not system-wide. Gingerbread adds partial GPU acceleration for animations and some other things, but again, not system wide.

Ice Cream Sangwich would have dual core support and full gpu acceleration built into the OS. And I'm sure there will be other significant changes, as the dev team has suggested it's their most ambitious release to date. The task switcher and the action bar should be significant changes from the current phone OS as we know it, and the fragment UI and other widget enhancements should be welcome additions.

Brandon

JohnAP2

Reaction score
There is going to be a new OS release every six months or so - is it really that groundbreaking?

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
[QUOTE

If I'm rooted and running a stock ROM will an OTA GB update unroot or otherwise mess up my phone (I've got all my bloatware intact, just frozen using Titanium Backup)?[/QUOTE]

It's more than possible that the next OTA update could/would unroot you. The nature of an OTA update is to wipe certain things as a prelude to installing the new settings. Unless you're pure stock, you should avoid OTA updates like the plague.

You sort of need to choose sides: are you going to stay unrooted and pure stock, accepting OTA updates,as your sole source of system enhancements, or are you going to stay rooted, and steer clear of any OTA updates. On the plus side though is the fact that OTA updates are usually delivering sustem enhancements which were available to cusyom rom users long before the OTA release - MONTHS before. So whem an OTA shows up it's usually met with a yawn by custom rom users. Old news, been there/done that.

-Mike

Sent from my Liberated Droid X, using magic...

BRAINFIRE

Reaction score

I like to follow it and argue about it.
But in the end, to me it's not groundbreaking.
And probably that's the difference between a
true fan and a casual fan like me.