[RUMOR] Android 'ICS' comes to tablets in December

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
android-ICS.jpg

According to this articla over at THE AUSTRALIAN, Google's fourth-generation operating system called "Ice Cream Sandwich" will start being rolled out next month on tablet computers.

China tablet manufacturer Fuzhou Rockchip has announced it will update tablets with its RK2918 chip with Ice Cream Sandwich, or Android 4.0, by the first week of December.

What do you guys think? FACT OR RUMOR?

SOURCE: Cookies must be enabled | The Australian

rcjames

Reaction score
Too bad they're just the usual cheap chinese tablets.

Dude think about it, Asus Transformer Prime is coming out on December 8th or might be delay which should come with ICS. So those who have First Transformer version should get it during December. I think this is fact for some manufacture. I would expect ICS on my tablet during December month.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Dude think about it, Asus Transformer Prime is coming out on December 8th or might be delay which should come with ICS. So those who have First Transformer version should get it during December. I think this is fact for some manufacture. I would expect ICS on my tablet during December month.

That doesn't mean that only China us getting the update in December.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

Detonation

Reaction score
That doesn't mean that only China is getting the update in December.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

I think you're taking away more from this article than it's actually saying. They're simply stating that because Rockchip is rolling out ICS in December, that ICS is making its way onto tablets for the first time in December.

Now I'm not disagreeing that other tablets may also see it in December, but this article is no indication of that.