Ice Cream Sandwich officially announced!!!

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Even the guys at the vzw store could not believe it. Had to show them to their amusement...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Ice Cream?? Gingerbread??

Are these operating systems or desserts?!!

Ice Cream Sandwich is a Ginger Bread and Honeycomb combined for phones only.

my understanding was it would combine the two and also be for both?

You are correct!!! Sorry I meant to say it was originally for Dual Core Phones.

They are talking about Ice Cream Sandwich wife a NFC App Live now.http://www.google.com/events/io/2011/index-live.html

Last edited:

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Running stock 2.3 ota push on my x :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

When did you get it??

If you do some digging around on this forum and My Droid World Forum, there was an accidental leak of a version of Gingerbread (2.3) about a month and a half ago. Some of the pros over on xda forums got it (Team Black Hat), and did some tinkering. They ended up with a *rooted* version which could be installed on to the DX using SBF, and would result in you having a fully functional, rooted version of Gingerbread on your DX.

The other avenue, is to install a custom rom with GB built into it. That is the road I chose to follow - Liberty Gingerbread.

-Mike

Rento

Reaction score
They're goin crazy... First Dual-Core is barely releasing, but they're expecting Dual-Core in Q3. Gingerbread (2.3) is barely being officially released and now they're doing Ice Cream Sammitch (2.4)???

Yikes... I'm keeping my upgrade credit into 2012 Q2/Q3...

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
They're goin crazy... First Dual-Core is barely releasing, but they're expecting Dual-Core in Q3. Gingerbread (2.3) is barely being officially released and now they're doing Ice Cream Sammitch (2.4)???

There are some *very* interesting phones due to be released in the next 6 months, so that's not a bad idea. :)

-Mike

alienware777

Reaction score

There are some *very* interesting phones due to be released in the next 6 months, so that's not a bad idea. :)

-Mike

Such as? What are these very interesting phones lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
I don't believe there are any Gingerbread ROMs for the Thunderbolt yet. I'm still waiting on it, too.

Are there any phones besides the Nexus S that even have 2.3 yet, nevermind 2.4?!

Cyanogen Mod 7 is available for ThunderBolt and is a gingerbread rom, as they are based off the current aosp version, my TB running CM7 is showing android version 2.3.3...

Also some phones have leaked gingerbread roms and all the phones that CM supports can be on GB.

CM will most likely update to Ice Cream Sandwich when it hits AOSP which is usually right after it gets pushed to one of the nexus phones so soon after it hits aosp look for roms...

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09

creaky

Reaction score
[/quote]If you do some digging around on this forum and My Droid World Forum, there was an accidental leak of a version of Gingerbread (2.3) about a month and a half ago. Some of the pros over on xda forums got it (Team Black Hat), and did some tinkering. They ended up with a *rooted* version which could be installed on to the DX using SBF, and would result in you having a fully functional, rooted version of Gingerbread on your DX.

The other avenue, is to install a custom rom with GB built into it. That is the road I chose to follow - Liberty Gingerbread.[/QUOTE]

If I'm rooted and running a stock ROM will an OTA GB update unroot or otherwise mess up my phone (I've got all my bloatware intact, just frozen using Titanium Backup)?