iCE CREAM SANDWHICH

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
aad87703-d11e-4854-b317-76203339f465.jpg

Brothers and sisters, can the bong get an AMEN?!!

Last edited:

olivianL

Reaction score
Google's much-lauded Chrome browser has been noticeably absent from the Android system. Now Google is making amends -- to some Android consumers, at least. The new Chrome for Android is only for Ice Cream Sandwich devices currently, leaving most Android consumers out in the cold. Source of article: Google Chrome now available for Ice Cream Sandwich. Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is the latest version of the Android platform for phones, tablets, and more. It builds on the things people love most about Andro easy multitasking, rich notifications, customizable home screens, resizable widgets, and deep interactivity and adds powerful new ways of communicating and sharing.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
just glad my phone of choice still goes "DROOOID" at boot...
:biggrin:

pabowhunter

Reaction score
Motorola did develop the first cellular phone, and also the first portable cellular phone (the Motorola 8000 - Google it). But even more importantly, they have been the manufacturer of choice for military communication equipment for decades. If anyone can build a good piece of communication equipment, it's Motorola.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

The US military buys from the lowest bidder on contract.. This being said it's not always the best piece of equipment available but it fits there needs and price point... There was a sign at boot camp that read.. " keep your weapon clean, the US government buys from the lowest bidder" The Razr is a well built phone as is the Gnex.. I own both and have no complaints about build quality of either device...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The US military buys from the lowest bidder on contract.. This being said it's not always the best piece of equipment available but it fits there needs and price point... There was a sign at boot camp that read.. " keep your weapon clean, the US government buys from the lowest bidder" The Razr is a well built phone as is the Gnex.. I own both and have no complaints about build quality of either device...

The post wasn't meant to Dis the GNex, but simply to tout the strengths of the RAZR and most other Motorola phones. That said, you are right...the military does buy from the lowest bidder ("that fits their needs"). That is where Motorola shines. They've been able to come in at the required performance level and at the needed price-point more often than just about anybody else. Also, we're talking radios here, not guns.

I haven't owned a GNex or for that matter any Samsung Android phone, but my wife owned a Samsung phone that doubled as a camera when you spun the display 180. It was a nice phone then, and now it's my son's nice phone. Taking nothing away from Samsung, they also produce some of the nicest video displays in the industry and are a leader in the top 3.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google's much-lauded Chrome browser has been noticeably absent from the Android system. Now Google is making amends -- to some Android consumers, at least. The new Chrome for Android is only for Ice Cream Sandwich devices currently, leaving most Android consumers out in the cold. Source of article: Google Chrome now available for Ice Cream Sandwich. Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is the latest version of the Android platform for phones, tablets, and more. It builds on the things people love most about Andro easy multitasking, rich notifications, customizable home screens, resizable widgets, and deep interactivity and adds powerful new ways of communicating and sharing.

I think the link you were looking for is Google Chrome now available for Ice Cream SandwichAppisaurus – Mobile Application Developers :blink:

pabowhunter

Reaction score
The post wasn't meant to Dis the GNex, but simply to tout the strengths of the RAZR and most other Motorola phones. That said, you are right...the military does buy from the lowest bidder ("that fits their needs"). That is where Motorola shines. They've been able to come in at the required performance level and at the needed price-point more often than just about anybody else. Also, we're talking radios here, not guns.

I haven't owned a GNex or for that matter any Samsung Android phone, but my wife owned a Samsung phone that doubled as a camera when you spun the display 180. It was a nice phone then, and now it's my son's nice phone. Taking nothing away from Samsung, they also produce some of the nicest video displays in the industry and are a leader in the top 3.[/QUOTE

Point made I guess???? Razr and all other Motorola products are superior because the Military can buy them cheap.. The Razor is a well built phone but just because the Military uses Motorola products doesn't add to the strength of the Razr.. That statement holds very little value to the phone... Drive a Hummer because it's the US Military vehicle of choice ???? Seriously think Motorola is the only radio the military uses??? Think again... The only gun is a Colt??? Think again.. I understand we were not talking about guns but.....

Escobar

Reaction score
So...many....fanboys....They've turned this into an argument thread when no one cared to argue. The sad thing is, no one is really arguing against them, they just keep complaining to themselves. Who cares what phone you have? As long as its not an iPhone

Sent from my HTC REZOUND using DroidForums

pabowhunter

Reaction score
So...many....fanboys....They've turned this into an argument thread when no one cared to argue. The sad thing is, no one is really arguing against them, they just keep complaining to themselves. Who cares what phone you have? As long as its not an iPhone

WE AGREE lol I own both Razr and Gnex

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

First off, who cares what phone you have, even if it IS an iPhone. To each his own.

Second, I am nobody's "fanboy", and in fact I'm not anybody's "boy". Perhaps you use the term "boy" because you can't relate to the term "Man"?

Third, this wasn't an argument. It was a healthy discussion about what may make one manufacturer's product perhaps a higher quality than another's in some respects. The fact is, there is no one product that is better than all the rest in all ways, since what's considered important to one may not be to another.

Fourth, it is YOU that's turned this thread into an argument because it is obvious that YOU wanted to start one with your commentary.

Fifth, I will not respond to anymore of your comments as they are simply worthless rant.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
For the record: It was a debate not a argument... If it seemed that way I apologize...

No apology necessary, I understood as did you that this was a debate. Nothing you said was taken personally by me, and I hope nothing I said was taken personally by you either. But apparently we did hit a nerve with someone. Some are quick to pass judgement on others, some just have to find something to say when they have nothing valuable to add to the discussion...usually a sign of insecurity and immaturity.