iCE CREAM SANDWHICH

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'm coming off of three Moto phones that I loved. I was a bit nervous about the build quality on the Nexus but this thing is solid.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
I guess these are the same guys that like to jump into Nexus and Rezound threads and puff their chest out because they have a Moto. Lol

X

I've had samsung's (charge) I've had a htc's (tbolt) and I've had motos and I'm telling right now motorola build quality AND ESPECIALLY radio quality is far superior. Now if they just unlock the boot loaders.....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had samsung's (charge) I've had a htc's (tbolt) and I've had motos and I'm telling right now motorola build quality AND ESPECIALLY radio quality is far superior. Now if they just unlock the boot loaders.....

Funny thing is, compared to the Verizon iPhone and an LG Ally in my family, my X has the worst reception. They are both never in 1X.

X

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Funny thing is, compared to the Verizon iPhone and an LG Ally in my family, my X has the worst reception. They are both never in 1X.

X

Well first of all were not talking about the droid X... and second of all I had a nexus for 24 hours and I didn't have service anywhere albeit I live in the fringe zone for 3g but I had no service with the gnex..and my droid bionic had three bars.. I find that to be rather ridiculous... and my girlfriends rezound has terrible terrible fringe 4g reception and hand offs ...my droid bionic holds very well 4 g fringe reception and after the update its hands offs are much more efficient.. just my experiences. It's nice to look over and see her htc in 3g and see my DB with 2 bars of 4 g. As much as I wanted the galaxy nexus in my hands and be my primary phone having no service around the areas i usually have service was a deal breaker.. as far is the rezound I really really like it but it's a brick n I don't like the red theme.. plus my droid bionic out benches it like a fiend at 500 megahertz less... js.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Signal bars don't really mean anything. Look under phone settings and about phone to see the true signal strength.

And I used my X as an example because of the data outages. A friend of mine couldnt activate his RAZR so he returned it. That's why I don't have a baseline with it.

X

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
With the exception of the iphone, in the past year or so I've never met a top tier phone that I wouldn't own (and I've met a lot of them, all brands). So it feels good to know that none of us are suffering :)

Reaction score
I think Motorola builds real good phones. I'v had android since Verizon pick it up. I.swear HTC make a horrible phones like the droid eris and thunderbolt. Samsung needs to step their game up and fix the antenna in their phone like for say the very disappointing galaxy nexus and droid charge. "That is my opinion"

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think Motorola builds real good phones. I'v had android since Verizon pick it up. I.swear HTC make a horrible phones like the droid eris and thunderbolt. Samsung needs to step their game up and fix the antenna in their phone like for say the very disappointing galaxy nexus and droid charge. "That is my opinion"

antenna is fine. Radio is issue for some with reception issues. Thunderbolt is a great phone too. My tbolt is fast as all get out...and gets over a day on the rezound battery with heavy use.

Not sure if your opinion is based on ownership and dissatisfaction of these devices. I do agree with you on the charge.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'm pretty sure every 4G phones forum sections have the signal issue thread, the love threads, the hate threads, the my phone is better than your phone threads. Any one think not?!

Androidatic

Reaction score
I guess these are the same guys that like to jump into Nexus and Rezound threads and puff their chest out because they have a Moto. Lol

X

Nope! I have no reason to post in terms GN or Rezound forums since I don't have one and have intentions of getting either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reaction score
antenna is fine. Radio is issue for some with reception issues. Thunderbolt is a great phone too. My tbolt is fast as all get out...and gets over a day on the rezound battery with heavy use.

Not sure if your opinion is based on ownership and dissatisfaction of these devices. I do agree with you on the charge.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Ownership

ocramavaf

Reaction score
i'd like to disagree with that, altought i got my RAZR only a week ago i am a klutz, i drop my phones a lot, and my razr has been no exception, i have previously owned a Nexus one, which was an incredibly sturdy phone (and the only rightful owner of the Nexus Name is you ask me) and a Nokia N8 which was simply a tank of a phone, both were dropped, dipped thrown and mistreated in several ways and bot took it and gobbled it up. So far the razr has fallen from about waist hight three times, been showered in tea and fallen in the sand at the beach, not a scratch or dent on it, it is a very sturdy phone/

bassman1547

Reaction score
Memories....I actually owned the first motorola cell back in the day. It was heavy, humungous and quite a beautiful piece of electronics, but quite ugly compared to the more recent cellphones. However...it WORKED! I was the "cock of the walk", and the talk of lesser mortals. LoL...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

smokiedabong

Reaction score
aad87703-d11e-4854-b317-76203339f465.jpg

ksalce

Reaction score
I like shapes

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums