RAZR ice cream Sandwhich

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Megapixels mean squat. Megapixels only really matter if you are going to blow the picture up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
N

njaworsky

Reaction score
5 mp nexus is crap under low light in everyreview i read and watch the 8 mp cams under low light i see and compair to nexus's 5 mp cam are just better less noise in the picture...

combatmedic870

Reaction score
@njaworsky
The only reason why the 8mp would look better is due to the 8mp camera having smaller pixels, hence having seemingly smaller amounts of luminance noise. The 8mp cameras on the moto are pretty well known to have pretty bad cameras. If you want a phone with a really good camera go for a rezound. It might not have 0 lag(though is almost kept up with my bro's i phone), it takes great pics and is pretty dam good in low light(especially in HDR mode, which i REALLY liked). Is has a pretty good BSI sensor in it and a F2.4 lens.
From what ive been seeing on the nexus's camera is that they are using WAY to much noise reduction. I would prefer a noisy pic over something that looks like a water painting. I wish you could pick the ISO it is using....

ALSO the 0 lag is crap.....it has to focus first....if it takes the pic right away i know im about to get an out of focus pic....

Last edited by a moderator:

jcardona1

Reaction score
5 mp nexus is crap under low light in everyreview i read and watch the 8 mp cams under low light i see and compair to nexus's 5 mp cam are just better less noise in the picture...

Now megapixels affect picture quality in low light. I've heard it all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Now megapixels affect picture quality in low light. I've heard it all.

Ummmmm....they do.....why do you think canon just went from 21MP on the 1Dsmk3 to 18MP on 1DX.....more pixels does not mean better....at all....ever...normally

More pixels can be great at base ISO(iso100 or what not) and give you large amount of detail. but once you bump the iso up, you get more noise. The 5mp camera SHOULD be better then what is is.....read my post above.

Last edited:

jcardona1

Reaction score
Ummmmm....they do.....why do you think canon just went from 21MP on the 1Dsmk3 to 18MP on 1DX.....more pixels does not mean better....at all....ever...normally

More pixels can be great at base ISO(iso100 or what not) and give you large amount of detail. but once you bump the iso up, you get more noise. The 5mp camera SHOULD be better then what is is.....read my post above.

I know that. The OP is sipping the megapixel kool aid, saying that more megapixels gives you better image quality in low light. That's total garbage. Low light performance is all about the sensor. Megapixels is all people focus on. Can you imagine if car enthusiasts only cared about horsepower and nothing else? That's what it's like when you guys keep ranting about MPs.

x25064

Reaction score
I know that. The OP is sipping the megapixel kool aid, saying that more megapixels gives you better image quality in low light. That's total garbage. Low light performance is all about the sensor. Megapixels is all people focus on. Can you imagine if car enthusiasts only cared about horsepower and nothing else? That's what it's like when you guys keep ranting about MPs.

You could be a ricer and care about everything except horsepower. :happy3:

The camera is the nexus is... meh, at best. Everyones complains about the razr's camera but from the pictures I've seen it take, its really not bad at all. If you want a nice camera, the Rezound is your best choice. If you want -the- best camera installed on a phone, switch to Sprint and get the Epic Touch 4g.

The biggest reason you should want a nexus compared to a razr is it's screen. Other then that they are pretty much similar hardware wise. If you like to root and rom your phones then the nexus is the obvious choice. Its already seen more development then the razr and rezound which have been out months before the gnex. The nexus has its own issues though, so I'd wait until they are fixed. You don't seem like the type who would take them in stride.

baldybill

Reaction score
Let me ask what I think may have been one of his questions :

When the razr gets ics, will it then have a 0 lag camera? Like, is the 0 lag a ics feature or a samsung feature.?

Sent from my OG Droid

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's keep it civil please. I had to delete some negative posts. If you're not here to help, please move on. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rherron

Reaction score
My RAZR has zero camera lag right now after the latest update. I doubt it will be any faster when ICS is pushed our way.

IMO, all of these cell phone cameras are pretty crappy. If all you want is a snap of your friends at a well-lit party to put on Facebook, any of the newer phones should work just fine. A landscape shot in daylight, fine again. But anything else... I'll continue to carry my DSLR. From what I've read online, the camera in the iPone is the equivalent of a 30 mm f/22 lens in a real camera. No way you get quality pics indoors at f/22. This is low-end point-and-shoot range. A good Canon or Nikon point-and-shoot is far superior to a cell phone camera. And if you're willing to step up to a DSLR...

Reaction score
Android 4.0 Platform Highlights | Android Developers

once razr get the update shouldnt it gain the zero shutter lag

evyeone tells me nexus owns most cell inculding the razr yet im rly turnd off on nexus 5 mp cam plseas help em pick a cell idk

really leanign towards the razr but idk might like the nexus HELPSSSSSSSS

if the razr indeed gets ICS (don't count on moto for software updates), it''ll surely be a half assed ICS experience.

(zero shutter lag has nothing to do with ICS, btw)

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
if the razr indeed gets ICS (don't count on moto for software updates), it''ll surely be a half assed ICS experience.

(zero shutter lag has nothing to do with ICS, btw)

Except Motorola is considered one of the best at providing OS updates.

ICS will likely be the same aside from bloatware and Motorola widgets now that they have dropped MOTOBLUR.

I'm not trying to favor one phone over the other (I will not be getting either but I would not mind a Galaxy Nexus in a RAZR case). I just have a profound hatred for false truisms.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

Reaction score
Except Motorola is considered one of the best at providing OS updates.

ICS will likely be the same aside from bloatware and Motorola widgets now that they have dropped MOTOBLUR.

I'm not trying to favor one phone over the other (I will not be getting either but I would not mind a Galaxy Nexus in a RAZR case). I just have a profound hatred for false truisms.

as a bionic owner since the day of release, I have to strongly disagree with that.

no phone made for gingerbread is going to give you an optimal ics experience.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
as a bionic owner since the day of release, I have to strongly disagree with that.

no phone made for gingerbread is going to give you an optimal ics experience.

I believe the Bionic is an exception. Verizon and Motorola have clearly been trying to forget the Bionic in favor of the RAZR. I think that's wrong of them but it's true.

And again with the false truisms? Hardware is not software specific unless the software handles processing power fundamentally different.(favoring one chipset over another) (i.e. Most video games on a computer with i7).

The main difference between the RAZR and Nexus is the OMAP4460 which is the same dual core processor (Cortex A9) clocked at 1.5 instead of 1.2. And the GPU clocked at 384 instead of 304.

The Nexus is faster but the hardware does not preclude the RAZR from being optimal ICS. It may preclude it from loading as fast as the Nexus on something that needs the full processing power but nothing else.