I wanna root but?????????

anthony_rada

Reaction score
Man I wanna root my razr so bad but im a little scared haha. Idk why ive rooted every Android phone ive had. Im just worried about the fastboot files. I been reading at xda that some people are not able to flash. Any advice are more than welcome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

s_cuttic

Reaction score
I don't have a razr, at least not yet, but I'm going to be getting one within the next two months. Just waiting for the price to drop and for my upgrade date.

I think I'll root mine the first week I have it and download titanium backup to freeze the bloatware.

The razr is still kinda new and I won't want to do a whole lot of modifications to it until I'm comfortable with it and I know how to restore it.

I've had my droid x for almost 2 years and I don't hesitate to do stuff to it. I haven't opened it up yet but I probably will after I get my razr.

I think if you just root it and don't go crazy with changing everything right away then you should be ok.

People on the forums are amazing, smart and really helpful with phones anymore so if you do run into a problem, I'm sure someone on here will be able to walk you through a fix.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
anthony_rada

anthony_rada

Reaction score
Ok im rooted haha I couldnt hold it. Thanks for the advice good sir.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Rooting isn't quite as dangerous as Verizon etc make it out to be. Just give access to apps you know need it. I've never seen a questionable app ask for root, but if one ever did I wouldnt hesitate to block it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

JD210121

Reaction score
Switched from iPhone to Razr last week, had no idea where to even start to root. Guess I read well, sending this from my rooted Razr on ics 4.0.3! Love it!