I think I bricked my phone and really need help

tucsonscoot

Reaction score
I think I may have bricked my phone and I don't know what to do. when I went to flash a rom on my droid bionic and I did everything the same way i did before. I had the liberty rom on it before and it worked but now i went to do one of the theory ones and as I said i did everything the same way and now on it's boot screen it shows its animation freezes then starts the animation again. PLEASE HELP​

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
You're going to have to SBF back to stock. I couldn't tell you what happened when you flashed but that's what you're going to have to do. Look around, I'm sure you can find some guides!
Hopefully someone with a bionic can jump in a post a link to a guide they've used.

OP
T

tucsonscoot

Reaction score
as stupid as I may sound what is sbf back to stock. what does that mean

zachdroid

Reaction score
as stupid as I may sound what is sbf back to stock. what does that mean

Check out R3L3AS3D AND ROOT, its a tool by dhacker29 for fixing what you've got going. Bootloops. Sbf was the older term for what is now fxz which is the fastboot/cpu flashing file to return to stock. However with dhacker's tool you can root again after the procedure. It works perfectly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Follow what Zach posted. You are going to need the drivers for your phone as well. After you have those installed connect your phone and put in in Charge only. Then run the batch file it calls for in the directions, personally I would either do option 1 if you are keeping it or option 4 if you are returning it. If you do 4 I would follow that with a factory reset as well to be on the safe side.

OP
T

tucsonscoot

Reaction score
thanks but i got it fixed. i used the link that Zach posted and it got me out of the boot loop and restored my phone I re rooted and now i am fine and running the newest Liberty Rom.

Cinoib

Reaction score
thanks but i got it fixed. i used the link that Zach posted and it got me out of the boot loop and restored my phone I re rooted and now i am fine and running the newest Liberty Rom.

So what do you think of the liberty rom? I am rooted in sqlite hacked. But I have yet to try a new rom. I don't want to lose my sqlite hack (tether hack).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
T

tucsonscoot

Reaction score
I really like it and I've had no problems. And you can still do the wireless tether with the sqlite editor on this rom. You just need to redo the whole process which takes literally 30 second. But yes i really like this rom and i plan to stick with it.