I think Droid X is the biggest size we can handle?

razorseal

Reaction score
I mean overall physical size wise... I was looking at the dell streak, and that 5 inch thing is just too big. if someone came out with a 5 inch phone, I don't think anyone would buy it, because it wouldn't fit in some pockets... it's that big. and since X is tiny bit bigger than the evo, I guess we have reached a limit on these kind of phones... and that's what 4.3 something inches?

just thought about it... now I guess they're gonna start getting small again lol

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
They could go bigger, but then people wouldn't be able to fit them in their pockets... to me, 4.3 would be big enough to watch a movie on but on the verge of not being able to fit in a pocket. Ik it wouldn't fit in mine very well...

Mule65

Reaction score
The DX is basically half inch taller than Droid - BFD.

hoax

Reaction score
Keep in mind chicks usually carry their phone in a purse.

Bdog

Reaction score
Women often carry their phones in their purses, men often wear looser fitting jeans, and there are enough clips and holsters and accessories (that I have too many ripped belt loops to ever recommend) out there, that the issue of a large phone not being able to fit into their pocket isn't going to be that big. Sure, I know some girls who put their phones in their back pocket, or tuck it in their bra, and a few guys with pants so tight you can see an outline of their thunderdome, but it's not the largest demographic.

Besides, with the increasing number of smartphones coming out, it's all still brand new. Phone developers are still in a trial and error period, trying to find things that work, and things that don't. If a phone is too large for your preference, don't buy it. Even if you're a fanboy of said product. If enough people find it to be too much, companies will cut back, or at least make another version (come on, how many Droids are releasing this year??) to appeal more to its audience.

Also, as a new technology, things are a little clunky right now. As time goes on, internal parts will get smaller, and so will the overall size of phones again. Give it a few years and our phones will fit into the palms of our hands again.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I'm really curious to see how the Galaxy S and any other phone that comes out at the 4" range feels. That falls right in the middle of the Droid and the Droid X. My personal opinion, which prolly doesn't mean chit I may add, is that a 4" screen would be a great sweet spot between the 3.7 and 4.3.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I wear carpenter pants for work and always put the phone in the largest right outside leg pocket as it's the perfect place to avoid damage. The Droid is just about as wide as I can fit for most of my jeans now, if it's longer I could deal with it but wider I'm screwed.

Mule65

Reaction score
I wear carpenter pants for work and always put the phone in the largest right outside leg pocket as it's the perfect place to avoid damage. The Droid is just about as wide as I can fit for most of my jeans now, if it's longer I could deal with it but wider I'm screwed.

The DroidX will fit better in your pocket than your Droid because it's thinner:

Droid = 2.36 * 0.54 = 1.27 area
DroidX = 2.50 * 0.39 = 0.98 area

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
i personally would mind a phone the size of the dell streak its almost tablet status as well as pocket sized status but i personally like bigger phones i dont like smaller phones cause i cant feel them in my pockets and i think i lost them

i would probably by the droid x if i had the money but then i would want the next phone thats out and i dont have money trees...yet...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anything worth doing is worth over doing.

As long as it will fit in the back pocket of my Levis, I'll buy and carry it. :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Droids

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind if screen sizes increase a bit more than 4.3 but the overall size of the Droid X is probably about the limit. In time we'll see larger screens with smaller bezels, and higher resolutions, but 2.5" x 5" might be the largest overall size we can be comfortable with. I occansionaly carry the Droid in my pocket but it's usually in a holster. I don't like bulky stuff in my pockets. Due to the thinness of the Droid X I think I could pocket it ok.