Does the OnePlus One Size Disappoint You? Comparison Pic vs. Flagship Phones [Poll]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
one-plus-one-comparison-to-other-flagship-phones.png

We found this handy "little" comparison pic for the OnePlus One versus just about every other flagship device. We can't really call it "little" though, because the new uber-device is anything but that. For many of us, a 6-inch total size device (5.5-inch display) is just too much, but there are a ton of our members who swear by the larger screens. It turns out this new OnePlus One is actually a tiny bit bigger than the Galaxy Note 3, which really pushes the envelope on size, although isn't as dominating as the 6.3-inch Mega. How big is too big?

Sound off with your opinion of the OnePlus One dimensions in our poll:

What do you think of the large size of the OnePlus One?

1. I think it's just right. I prefer larger sized "phablet-style" phones.
  2. It's just too darn big! I want to be able to use my phone one handed.
  3. I'm not sure, and/or just don't have an opinion about it.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
My G2 is as big as I would want to go. If I want a bigger screen I'll break out my N7.

Tap'd from my LG G2

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Doesn't disappoint me as much as it's just so damn ridiculous. There's a point where a smartphone stops being a smartphone and goes into the tablet zone. This is not even a phablet, it's a tablet with a microphone and "ear hole". Cyanogen needs to stick to the software side (what they do best) and not meddle in hardware design.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree, the lines are getting blurry between what is a tablet size and what is a phone size. Especially if they are calling it a phone. Less than 1 more inch would absolutely need to be called a calling tablet or tablet that had a phone.

cupid

Reaction score
Perfect phone. .. Very affordable. .. I've been waiting for this phone. . Just wish it comes to major carrier so I can say goodbye to Verizon. :)

Asgard

Reaction score
Perfect phone. .. Very affordable. .. I've been waiting for this phone. . Just wish it comes to major carrier so I can say goodbye to Verizon. :)

It would work with AT&T and TMo, which major carrier are you wishing for?

Also I'm interested in this phone, specially because of the price; yes I think it's a little on the big side, but as a funny side note, when I was watching reviews back in 2011 about the GNex, people were saying that it was "Too big"
Funny how things change in a couple of years

cupid

Reaction score
What carrier do u think will carry this phone. . Any announcement yet

cupid

Reaction score
It would work with AT&T and TMo, which major carrier are you wishing for?

Also I'm interested in this phone, specially because of the price; yes I think it's a little on the big side, but as a funny side note, when I was watching reviews back in 2011 about the GNex, people were saying that it was "Too big"
Funny how things change in a couple of years

Thanks asgard... I'm hoping t mobile coz they have great deals and reception here in New Jersey

xsirxx

Reaction score
Thanks asgard... I'm hoping t mobile coz they have great deals and reception here in New Jersey

I second this. If I can get this before the Nexus 6 then thats what I am moving to TMobile with. If the release is closer to the Nexus 6 then I will wait to see what they offer.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I agree with Leeshor - the size is fine but the absence of a microSD slot and the lack of the ability to swap batteries are close to deal breakers IMO.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Doesn't disappoint me as much as it's just so damn ridiculous. There's a point where a smartphone stops being a smartphone and goes into the tablet zone. This is not even a phablet, it's a tablet with a microphone and "ear hole". Cyanogen needs to stick to the software side (what they do best) and not meddle in hardware design.

Its funny how some things are a continuing cycle.

First phones were huge...then they became micro tiny...then they started getting a bit bigger...now we are on the verge of huge again...if we arent already there. 4.5, 4.7 is my sweet spot. I can tolerate 5..anything above that and its a tablet IMO. Acer or somebody made 5 inch tablet a few years ago...and no one blinked an eye. Not talking about the Streak...as that I would call a phone first.

Clothes....the old styles are still coming back. Its just one big merry go round.

Last edited: