OnePlus One is Officially Unveiled: Specs, Pricing & Dates!

xtor

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly...

Looking at this... it will work on all US carriers. I don't think vzw will carry it, and if they did they would want their bloat on it.. The question is can you buy it direct and activate it on verizon? I hope so this will be my wife's new phone:)

View attachment 70635

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The phone is impressive. I'm not sure how many peeps want a phone that size or how well it operates.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well you have to realize that the manufacturer is looking at international distribution and the GSM phones are used in 80% of the world's phone networks. CDMA phones could be considered to be more of a "niche item" and the Chinese manufacturer may not want to go there.

I'm not a technician or any kind of an authority on these things, so feel free to take my observations with a grain of salt.

Sent from my Note 3, using Forum Runner.

Hmmm, perhaps there *will* be a CDMA version?

Meet the One, OnePlus' $299 Nexus killer

On top of the usual NFC, dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1 plus GPS radios, the One's international version also supports LTE bands 1/3/4/7/17/38/40, as well as WCDMA bands 1/2/4/5/8. Yep, that's pretty much the whole world covered.

-Matt

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love my Note II, have held a co-workers Note 3, and am eagerly awaiting the Note 4 to replace my II so I have little concern with the size. Bring it. I LOVE the fact that you can even get 64GB on the phone, let alone for an additional measly $50.

Can someone please explain why more and more manufacturers are refusing to put micro-SD slots in their phones? Are these slots made out of pure, virgin, hand-milled platinum on an antique Peruvian gerbil-treadmill-powered endmill or something?? How much can an SD slot add to the cost of making a tablet/phone?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I don't think it has anything to do with cost. The average person just never uses it.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I love my Note II, have held a co-workers Note 3, and am eagerly awaiting the Note 4 to replace my II so I have little concern with the size. Bring it. I LOVE the fact that you can even get 64GB on the phone, let alone for an additional measly $50.

Can someone please explain why more and more manufacturers are refusing to put micro-SD slots in their phones? Are these slots made out of pure, virgin, hand-milled platinum on an antique Peruvian gerbil-treadmill-powered endmill or something?? How much can an SD slot add to the cost of making a tablet/phone?
It's all about the cloud. I understand people don't like that, but it is what it is.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
It's all about the cloud. I understand people don't like that, but it is what it is.
Agreed. Personally, I don't like using any cloud service. I just don't want my stuff in never never land.

My S4 is 16G with a 32G SD. I have never run out of 16G space. Then again, I delete what I never use. I use the 32G SD for storing ROMS as I like switching them out.

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
I do both. I have tons of 'stuff' in Copy, Box, and Evernote 'cloud' but the really, really personal or sensitive stuff only gets stored on removable media.
I like devices with the SD slot, because I like to have the choice. But it wouldn't be a deal breaker at all if the device was otherwise awesome.