Am I the only one that is discouraged about the 4.3 inch trend?

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I think about 4" is all I can say I want to carry with me. I happen to pocket my Droid in the side leg pocket in my carpenter jeans, for me a phone has to fit in this pocket for me to want it as having a 4.3 in a front pocket would feel like I was trying to smuggle the international space station to me, I can't stand stuff in my front pockets.

azaraith

Reaction score
I've got a Droid X and wouldn't trade it for a smaller phone, no way no how. The screen real estate is great and its size is not much of an issue. It's hard to get it out of my pocket while sitting, particularly in a car - but I don't like using phones in the car anyway. It's also a bit uncomfortable if I leave it in my pants pocket while riding my motorcycle as it begins to press against my leg when I'm crouched over. Otherwise, 100% loving it. I don't really enjoy using a smaller phone now that I'm used to the DX. The iPhone's screen just seems puny in comparison (not to mention the OS :))

wil318466

Reaction score
I have a Fascinate (4.0 inches, and the droid x is 4.3 inches I think) and think it's 100% perfect in size. The weird thing is the X looks ridiculously large to me, but especially so in the case.

Remember, most people use a silicon case or one of those strange plasticky protectors, which make the phone even bigger. The 4.0 screen size is perfect. I fired up the old Droid 1 the other day and instantly felt like it was way too small. You really do get used to the larger screens.

I would think 5.0 inches is way too bulky, but who knows. Maybe I'll feel the same way about it one day.

NeoLogic

Reaction score
So wil, you like the 4" screen size. Ummm, what do you think about typing on a device with that screen size. I must have little fingers because I find myself unable to reach across the screen comfortably. Im right handed, so when I hold the phone with only my right hand, my thumb can't reach the top and bottom left corners. Well I can but I have to "fingertip" the device. Fortunately, the dx has good balance, so you can easily do that

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

AllForNaught

Reaction score
First off: it's not phone. What?? Well, industry smartphone devs have always stated that the "phone" aspect is just the easiest way to market these all-in-one computing/entertainment devices.

I watch movies, read books, level pictures, play games, surf, listen to music, use the flashlight, email, chat, text, socially network, do my taxes, track dates, record memos, dictate, write music, tune my guitar, learn guitar techniques, use a metronome, order products and services, download various pdf. manuals and resteraunt menus, cookbooks, and on and on.

So I really don't need e-reader specific devices, a tablet, laptop, paper books, a flashlight or other gadgets.

Oh, and I use it for a phone too.

I think maybe you're not getting as much out of your device if you're dissatisfied with a necessarily large screen. I'd love it a bit bigger, in fact.

But I have a nice holster for mine. I'm not into faddy little trends like "pocket cool/holster lame" - I just use whatever tools (holster) make it more convienient, and better protected.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

PatG

Reaction score
When they develop the iPad 5 (or maybe 9) that will allow you to fold it and stuff it into your pocket everyone will be happy.

For now, I am in the 4" is the perfect size camp. I still have the D1; my son just got the Fascinate. It's the perfect size. A lot of people have the Droid X; it's too big for me. So I am hoping the Atrix now at ATT will come to Verizon; it seems like the perfect phone.